Chapter Sixteen

"Name?"

"Miya Atsumu," Atsumu introduced himself to the guide in charge of the attendance at the All Japan training camp.

"Hmm... Miya... Atsumu," The middle-aged woman slid a pen up and down a paper before stopping on a name. "Ah. Here. Welcome."

Atsumu nodded and waved to the guide as he started his walk to the gym where the camp would be held.

As he was walking, he didn't notice the reserved male standing at one of the corners.

"Miya, huh?" Atsumu stopped at the sound of his family name and turned in the direction of the sound. When he found the source, he felt his heart skip a beat at the sight of the curly-haired male in front of him.

Damn.

"That's me," Atsumu saluted to the player. He looked up and down the player's body, trying to decipher what team he may be from.

When he saw the yellow and green jacket, he concluded that he must have been from Itachiyama.

"And you are...?" Atsumu offered. The black-haired male pulled his team jacket closer to his body.

"Sakusa. Kiyoomi Sakusa."

"Hmm," Atsumu scratched his chin, already on his way to find a nickname. "Kiyoomi isn't gonna
cut it in my book, so from now on I'm calling ya Omi. Got that Omi-Kun?"

Atsumu watched as Kiyoomi rolled his eyes, and even though most of his face was covered by a large face mask, Atsumu could tell that his face with still very expressive underneath.

"Lighten up, Omi-Kun," Atsumu said, smirking. "We're gonna have to get along over the next few weeks. Plus, I assure ya you'll grow to love the name."

"Whatever," Kiyoomi groaned, reluctantly following the blond into the training gym.

~~~

It was at 4:23 in the morning when the heart monitor at Atsumu's bedside went off.

Kiyoomi immediately awoke at the sound of the beeping, bolting up in bed. Tears flooded his eyes as the monitor began beeping faster and faster.

Kiyoomi grabbed Atsumu's hand and held it tight. "No, no, no, Atsumu, please, no," Sobs flooded from his mouth as he pleaded for Atsumu to wake up again. "Please, Atsumu. Please I can't lose you," Kiyoomi held Atsumu's hand up to his chest, crying harder with each breath. Vision blurred and thoughts running, Kiyoomi didn't notice that the door had slammed open as multiple doctors and nurses rushed to Atsumu's aid.

"Vitals dropping!"

"Move out of the way!"

Kiyoomi continued to sob to himself, grasping onto Atsumu's weightless hand for anything to steady himself.

"Get him out of here! He can't be here."

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave," Kiyoomi winced at the feeling of the doctor's touch as he was forcefully sent out of the room. Kiyoomi pounded on the door until his hand had turned purple. 

Defeated, Kiyoomi slumped against the wall, pulling his knees close to his chest.

He cried out uncontrollably, his body shaking as he dug his nails into his forearms.

Please.

Anyone.

Please.

I can't lose him.