Part 27

Martin forced me back to my room he locked the door and undid my hands 

"How long have you been here?"

"The years have all blended together Miss," He says 

"What happened to you?"

"My family suffered, they couldn't afford to feed us, so they brought me and my siblings here. sold them into service for the family. Anyone in the service of the house is cursed, to serve the family until the end of the family." explained "when I arrived the children were young, I have honestly lost the frame of time"

"What would you do? In my place,"

"I can't lie to you miss. Immortality is no gift. it is a curse." He says "But there are many perks to it that they enjoy. I can't stay what I would do in your place miss," he says  "either way, the life you knew is dead either you take this life, or he'll kill you. But I will say this if you choose to run and become nothing but food. That won't stop him, or them. it just means that fate will be reserved for the next poor fly that wanders into this trap and catches the master's eye. it's a horrid fate miss I wouldn't wish it on anyone but more will die when they  too are faced with his proposal, if you... take it. None more will have to suffer that fate for eternity"

"Thank you" I nodded

"Your quite welcome miss." he says going to leave the room 

"Martin?"

"Yes miss?"

"Why has knowone seen thomas' true form?"

"The master is... shy. He's ashamed of it"

"why?"

"Young Lillibeth didn't just run, she fought. She left her mark on him."

"Like his mother"

"Similar. its why she protects him so. He'll never fly again with such a broken wing"