Left back

Louis mother couldn't believe the letter she had gotten one morning on a summer day.

It was a few days before graduation and she had just received a letter from his school saying he wasn't going to graduate and that he had to repeat grade twelve again.

She was absolutely furious, Louis was a smart boy how could he mess up like this?

"Louis" she screamed for him from downstairs, she waited to hear footsteps before she called out for him again.

"Yeah mum" he says while rubbing the sleepiness from his eyes.

She doesn't say a thing just waves the paper around the air and giving him a 'explain yourself look'.

Louis stands in front of her with his eyebrows raised and a hand in his hair.

"Is this why you wouldn't let me take you shopping to get a graduation outfit, you knew you weren't graduating"

"I'm sorry mum I didn't know how to tell you" he said and reached out to grab her arm but she pulled away from him and left.

Louis knew that he had messed up big time, but worst of all he didn't care, he couldn't find it in him to feel sad for what he did to his mum.

He could feel himself slowly slip away, he goes upstairs to his room where his medication is and opens it.

He pauses for a moment and puts it down deciding he wasn't going to let a pill that was medicated to him by a stranger make him happy, he was going to find his own medication.

And that's how he finds himself standing in front of Harry's house knocking on the door, eventually the door opens and the small curly headed boy stands in front of him.

"Lou?" He asks rubbing his eyes confused on why Louis was here so early in the morning.

"Hi haz can I stay here for a bit, we can hang out"

"Uh yeah, my mums not home but you can come in" he says opening the door wider for Louis to enter.

Louis walks in and takes off his shoes and sweater then turns to Harry and looks him up and down.

"Nice shirt"

"Thank you Lou, I got it from a very good friend" he says teasing Louis.

"Oh yeah and what's this friends name" Louis ask raising my brows at him.

"I'm not sure I think it was Lewis or something like that" he says giggling.

"Ohh yeah" Louis say back and gives him a look, He moves closer towards Harry but he takes a step back knowing what's about to happen "come here" Louis says and reaches his hand out to grab him but he runs away.

Louis chase after him up the stairs and into his room, he's sat on his bed under all his pillows, but Louis pretends not to see him because it'll make harry happy if he thinks that he had succeeded in running away from Louis.

"Harry? Where are you Harry" He says and trails his finger on the headboard of the bed.

He jumps on the bed and puts his head on the pillows.

"Mmmm these are some really soft pillows" He says and smiles when he hears Harry laugh a little, "omg is this a foot" He says and brings Harry's leg up to his face and kisses his toe.

"Ahhh" he sits up from under the pillows and they laugh.

After their laughter dies down harry smiles at Louis and Louis pinch his cheek.

"Why are you here so early Lou, did something happen" Harry asks Louis a little concerned.

"Nothing just mums a little mad at me right now" Louis says and takes Harry's hand to pull him on top of his body.

"Why what did you do" he asks resting his head on Louis chest.

"I got left back" he answers and plays with Harry's curls.

"But how your so smart, they probably made a mistake" harry says with a pout on his lips.

"I failed on purpose haz" Louis says and sighs.

"Why" Harry asks and Louis groans at how curious the boy is all the time.

"So I can be with you, it's going to be your first year I wanted to look out for you" Louis says and hopes Harry doesn't get scared or think he's crazy.

Harry looks up into his blue eyes and smiles.

"Just For me?" He asks and smiles harder making his dimples show.

"Just for you" Louis smiles back poking his dimples.