Goodbyes

L-20
H-15

"I just don't understand how he can do something like this, I mean you've known each other since your younger days, he practically sold you out, it's not fair, you shouldn't have to move away from the people you love just for Harry's comfort, I me...

"I just don't understand how he can do something like this, I mean you've known each other since your younger days, he practically sold you out, it's not fair, you shouldn't have to move away from the people you love just for Harry's comfort, I mean-"

"Zayn, please enough about him, it's been a year, I've come to terms mate" I said holding my pounding head in my hands.

He just frowns at me and looks away, clearly upset. I sigh and put my arm around his shoulder letting him lean into me.

"I know, it's just that, what I mean is.. I'll miss you, your like a brother to me, you helped me when I needed help most and I don't know how to repay you" he says.

"You don't have to repay me, like you said your my brother and brothers help each other" I say giving his hair a ruffle.

"HEY" he shouts pushing my hand away from his hair I chuckle at his behavior and he sends me a glare while fixing his hair.

We're currently stood outside the place that has been my home for a year. I had served my full year in the mental institution and had done all my community service.

All I had to do now was move away.

Since both boys still haven't decided to drop the restraining order and let me go home I'd have to move away on my own.

I'd also finished up my senior year in the institution so the court had pulled a few strings and got me accepted into a college a few hours from here.

I'd have my own dorm, and I'd be learning something I'm a bit interested in.

Now don't get me wrong of course I'll miss home a bit, but this is practically a new plate, a re-do.

Zayn has been throwing a bit of a fit about me moving away, he's now my best mate, over this past year he's been visiting and bringing me his nerdy comic books that I've actually been reading, there pretty wacky but I'm thankful for Zayn.

He thinks he has debt he needs to repay me for but I own him my life, he's one of the only ones who has been here for me, I'd give him a kidney if he needed it.

Liam's also been to see me, not as much as Zayn but I understand, he lives a few hours away for college, but I'm thankful for him as well.

I've also started to re-peace my relationship with my mum.

She's always here visiting me and bringing me food, telling me to eat well and to stay healthy and strong.

She was here to see me yesterday and we said our goodbyes then so I told her she shouldn't come today because I know how she gets.

A screeching of tires were heard and my head turned to the white moving van in front of me.

Zayn patted my shoulder and we walked up to the van.

"Tomlinson?" The driver asked looking between us.

I give him a nod and he tells me to hop in.

The van was sent by court to make sure I get to my new place and not back home.

I turn to Zayn and see tears bubbling in his eyes. He throws himself at me in a hug and I wrap my arms around him.

"One year, just wait one year Louis and I'll be in college with you, and we'll both be playing football, and you'd be the captain because your the best, and we'd share a dorm room an-" his voice cracked with sadness and I hold him tighter, giving him a pat to indicate it was time for me to go.

He lets me go and quickly unzips his backpack, he pulls out a badly wrapped gift and put it in my hands, I give him a questionable look but he just smile and nods his head to the van, telling me to go.

I give him a smile and a wave and hop into the van, the man looks at me and we shake hands.

"Mind if I play music?" He asks.

"No" I say simply, he puts in his disc and I wait for the music to play.

The first few words of the song play out and I scrunch my face.

"Man this is shit" I say and he laughs.

He starts to drive off and I look through the rear view mirror seeing Zayn wave for the last time.