8: What If.

RJ's POV

It was weekend and I had worked for a week already. I may be allowed to work any day I want but I won't take advantage to that and still do my job.

But since Chaeryeong wanted to have a little trip around the city, saying that we haven't done that for a long time, I chose to free my day for her. So I could fulfill my duty as her best friend.

And I know, I can still feel that she's been bothered from the last time she's seen her ex, Lia.

I thought my words completely worked out and made her feel better but the effectiveness just faded off and so I think, it's better that I spend my day with her.

We decided to go out for lunch and eat at some fine restaurant since we haven't done that a lot in the past because of financial issues and now, spending a little for food wouldn't hurt our savings.

After we arrived and ate in a not so expensive place, I noticed that she haven't been in the mood and kept herself silent the whole time. Just giving me short, half hearted responses.

So I tapped her back and when she looked at me, I spoke. "I think we should play.."

But I should've thought it won't be a good idea.

Now we're just both standing silently at the entrance. Maybe I stared for too long at the claw machine but as I look at her, she's looking around like the place holds so much memories..

I remembered they used to play here a lot back then.

When they're still together..

When we're still together...

I shrugged these thoughts off and nudge her side. "Come on.." I said and soon we went inside to play.

I tried to lift up her mood, buying a ton of tokens and playing non stop on those machines that we barely got tickets but it's fine, I'm not into the prize after all... Seeing my friend enjoy is enough.

We played together, by team, individual and against each other. We're laughing and having a great time until we noticed the time. Time went by so fast and it'll be dark soon.

I didn't need to tell her anything as she proposed to end our day and go home so we got out of the play station.

We're walking and talking about the fun time we had when she suddenly stopped on her tracks and like something just came up that made her uncomfortable.

"I need to pee" she said and before I even say anything, she dashed her way to the nearest toilet.

I giggled with how she acted, maybe she's holding it for too long that she already ran for her life.

Being in the middle of the mall, I get to look around the open stores and restaurants but then, one, no, two people caught my attention..

She's here.

With someone.

Having dinner together.

I froze on my stance, feeling weird, like what I just want to call this feelings at where my eyes were laid at.

Staring at them for long, He then saw me and smiled so wide, waving his hand and signing me to come closer to them which I don't like but my feet betrayed me and walked towards them.

"Hey... Have you eaten? Come on, join us" He said as I stand close to their table, eyes fixed on her who's just looking back at me.

"Yeah. Join us" she followed.

'Us' I didn't liked that.

I want her to use that to us and not somebody else.

"No ahm... I'm with my friend and we're about to go home. Yeah..." I smiled but really couldn't contain these thoughts completely. "So I better go, she might be looking for me.... Enjoy your meal Beom... Ye-- Lucy".