Behind The Scenes

HER POV:

The last few days have been hectic, planning the wedding and tonight was the rehearsal dinner. I'm a perfectionist so this should be really interesting. The only thing keeping me going is knowing that one day, I'll start a family with him and all this will be worth it.

Over the past few days, we've gotten most things done, it's just time for the big night. My wedding dress was laced with floral sleeves and I had his favourite flowers in my hair.

The thing that worried me the most, what if I didn't fit into my wedding dress on the day? I usually don't eat that much as it is, but I don't want it to be too tight. I held my stomach, wishing I could just make it thinner when I got interrupted by a knock at the door. "Come in!" I shouted and Mateo walked in on me in my dress.

"Darling, you look absolutely stunning in that dress." He commented and I held my stomach, feeling flustered but also fat. "Oh, yeah, I um, oh." I said as my stomach rumbled. "Blossom, have you eaten today?" He questioned, I stared at the floor "Yeah, um, yeah." 

It's so hard for me to lie to him. "Oh, blossom, you haven't eaten, have you?" I continued to stare at the floor shaking my head. "Go eat, please." I shook my head, "I'll be fat and you do not want to have to stand at the altar, to a cow walking down the aisle." I replied, annoyed at how fat I was.

"Darling, you are not fat, you are gorgeous. Please eat, only if it's a little bit." He requested and I gave up, I guess I could just eat a donut. 

"The rehearsal dinner is tonight, we've got a lot to do but I still want to check out the venue, I'm really stressing out, honestly. Then there's also your family and like what if they don't like me, oh my god, I'm talking so much. I've just got a lot on my mind sor-" I was rambling on before Mateo interrupted me by pulling me closer to him and kissing me. "Worry less, blossom, it's going to be fine. I'll marry you in a barn if I have to." 

"Do not say that, I do NOT want to get married in a barn but that is pretty sweet." I said before staring back at the seating plan, trying to figure out who to put Mateo's brother with. "Babe, who do you think your brother would like to sit with?" I asked. 

"I don't give a fuck who he sits with, I hate his guts." I stared blankly at him, he really doesn't like his brother. "Oh, alright, I'll put him on Table 3, then." I said before moving his name tag onto table 3, still confused about why he doesn't like his brother.

"Uhm, can I ask, why don't you like your brother?" 

"He fucked up my life, he was always the golden child which meant that he got away with EVERYTHING. Not once did he get beaten and I took the blame for everything he did. NOT ONCE, did he apologise. Not once, did ANYONE, apologise to me."

"Babe, it's okay, don't worry, you may not have been the golden child but you're really special to me and you're going to be a fantastic father one day." I said but I'm usually not a good comforter. He still looked a bit unsure so I decided to change the subject, "Did you want to go watch a movie before the rehearsal dinner, you know, to chill?" I suggested. 

"Sure, but I am picking this time, not your soppy romantic love stories again." He commented.

"OKAY, MATEO, they are not soppy, they are just amazing stories put into a movie, you're just jealous that they found love before you, and the male usually gets laid more then you." I teased.

"Is that so, Ms Jenkins?" He growled before making his way over to me. I gulped, leaning back on the couch. He pulled my face up towards him "You're lucky you're my soon to be wife, otherwise I'd take you, right here, right now." He warned, leaving my heart pulsing.

He went back to his position on the couch and took his shirt off, putting on some horror movie but for some reason, I couldn't focus on the movie. "Hey princess, the movie's on the TV, not on my abs." I got caught.

"Um, anyways, we should probably get to the rehearsal dinner, it'd be awkward if the bride and the groom were late to their own rehearsal. He chuckled and then took my hand, "Let's go then." And as we made our way to the hall, a man that looked the same but a bit younger then Mateo walked in our way.

"Hey there, big bro, is this the unlucky girl?" The man spoke, I realised this must be Mateo's brother, Deon and I could practically sense the rage from Mateo. "Deon, disgusted to see you again, this is Erica, my fiancée." He introduced us and I felt a weird vibe, as his brother looked me up and down.

"Yeah, she looks gorgeous, mmm, yeah, no, she's hot." He said before biting his lip, making me squeeze Mateo's hand. "Yeah, well, she's mine, so fuck off." Mateo said.  "Mmm, we'll see, looking good, gorgeous." His brother said before walking off to the hall.

"That little fuck. I swear to god, I'm going to kill him. He's got some nerve hitting on my fiancé."

"Babe, it's okay, I'm yours forever, come on, let's go to the rehearsal dinner, he's nothing compared to you." I comforted him as we walked hand in hand to the hall.