Rehearsal Dinner

HIS POV:

Rage bubbled up inside of me as my mind recalled my encounter with my fuckwit of a brother in the hall. He has got some nerve, showing up to my rehearsal dinner and then hitting on my soon-to-be wife. Who the fuck does that? Especially after he knows I'm already mad at him for what he did in our childhood years. Blamed everything on me and I always suffered because of it.

Somehow my rage and anger always disappear when I stare at Erica, she's an angel in a cruel, horrible world and soon I was marrying her, I hope I don't start crying when she walks down the aisle. The funny thing was, a few months ago, I thought I'd never see her again and now I'm marrying her.

There were also quite a few times I thought I was going to lose her and yet, here I sit, in a rehearsal dinner for our wedding which was very soon. It's almost like fate, well, it is. Whatever comes in the next few years, even if I die tomorrow, I'll die knowing that I was happy with the love of my life.

Over the past few days, seeing her put so much effort into this wedding to make it perfect, made me believe I made the right choice. I couldn't imagine marrying anyone else. I was also a bit nervous for our wedding, they never really tell you what happens after that, but I guess if you chose the right person, it's easy to figure it out. The only thing I know is that, no matter what happens, I will always protect her and I vow to never hurt her.

Most of our guests had taken their seats in the decorated hall which glistened with beautiful lights, 8 white tables with decorative chairs  filled with guests who were talking and drinking the offered champagne filled my vision. All eyes were on us as Erica took the microphone.

"Hello there! For those who don't know, my name is Erica and tomorrow, my fiancée, Mateo and I are getting married. From the bottom of our hearts, Mateo and I would like to thank you all for coming, we hope you all enjoy tonight, this is just a little bit of a run through of what will happen tomorrow. Please enjoy yourself and approach us with any questions you may have."  She said before walking back to her seat, I honestly couldn't have been more proud.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw my asshole brother staring at her ass, which made me extremely mad. "Hey babe, everything alright?" She asked as she came and sat down next to me. "Deon was checking..you out." I said, annoyed. "Babe, are you getting a bit jealous?" She teased.

"No," I said sternly before pulling her onto my lap "but for the record you are mine and if he so much as breathes near you again, family or not, I will castrate every single body part of theirs and then burn them to the ground. You belong to me, and only me. The hickeys that I leave on your neck, that's my trademark, you are owned by me. At the end of the day, I'm the one that will make you sore for the rest of the week and unable to walk. Do you understand me, blossom?"

She chuckled, "Even though you're being extremely possessive and jealous at the moment, I am the luckiest woman alive, to be marrying THE Mateo Willis. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be sitting here, so yes, I'll be yours forever and no one, including your brother, can compete with that."

I beamed at the words that I was hearing, only she could make me feel happy on days that I wasn't. "I love you, you know." I replied.

 "I know. Only a really special girl can make THE Mateo Willis settle down with a girl, isn't that right? Everyone always used to say as a kid that you would be the last to get married, and look at you now, at your rehearsal dinner, soon to be married to me." She commented.

"That's right darling, the universe blessed me with my saving grace." I said before kissing her in front of everyone.

AUTHORS NOTE: hey guys! I decided to make this chapter a LITTLE bit shorter because I've been doing LONG-ish chapters and thought you guys might wanna give your eyes a break. Like I say in every Author's Note, you reading this means a lot to me. Stay safe and I love you heaps my angels. - bianca 

PS: To the person (you know who you are) who allowed me to cry 40 times in your messages before finishing this chapter, I love you so much.

Another little note before finishing this chapter is a little reminder; whoever is reading this right now, I'm so bloody proud of you. You're loved, worth it and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Mwa mwa!