26

♦ ♣ ♦

It's been approximately two hours,ten minutes and 23 seconds,24 seconds and counting since I spoke to Darien.
I've been sitting at my door ever since he stopped saying anything and my butt was starting hurt due to the hard floor.

I fell asleep a couple of times but couldn't tell if he was still sitting there or if he'd left.

I opened the door slowly as it made that annoying squeaky sound which doors normally do.Darien's head was leaned against the door which made him fall backwards when I opened the door but he was fast asleep.

Jerk.
'This made it look like my talking got too boring to be awake for' I thought giving him a light kick in his leg.

Although he did look cute while sleeping.
He moved a little and I immediately tiptoed downstairs.

'Don't squeak.Just don't squeak.Please don't squeak ' I said quietly with high hopes but the stupid stairs made that squeaky annoying sound which I hated.

I made my way into the kitchen and couldn't stop myself from smiling.
This was my second favorite place in the house.
"This is where all the good stuff is" I told myself,making some movement with my hands as if I was showing it to someone.

Yeah,I might faint soon if I don't eat .

I walk towards the stove to see everything in a total mess.There were leftovers in the pots which already had that green slimy foam on it and

Ew.Boys are so disgusting.
His parents aren't home but he calls this freedom?
More like prison.Who lives in such a mess?

I go to the storeroom to get a pair of gloves and start work .

One hour of work and no food.

Why did life treat me this way?
I was craving for a salad but made noodles and pasta instead.
I sat at the dinning table to see a note placed on it

"The maids and our chef are on vacation.
Love
Mom."

"Bri!I think you're phone is broken"
I heard Darien run down the stairs holding my phone in his hand.

"Wait!The floor is slip-" I tried stopping him.

There was a loud bang as he fell to the floor,leaving my food,I ran towards him.

"Are you okay?"

He groaned in pain
"Yeahh...Nope. It hurts"he said touching his head as I noticed a scratch near his eye

"Stupid!I was asking my phone.Look,you fell with it!Gosh"
I said rolling my eyes,grabbing the phone out of his hand.

He rolled his eyes"oh broke,Help me up already"he demanded

"It's Brooks and you know it.Help yourself"I said when he suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me down, causing me to fall on him.

"You shouldn't have said that"he grinned staring straight at my lips

"Where are you lost?!" I said snapping my fingers in his face

His face leaning closer to mine as his lips were leaning closer to mine.

Seeing his green sparkling eyes,I felt my hand shivering due to our closeness.

"W-what did you say about my phone?"I asked changing the topic

"Stop stammering.It makes you look even more cute"he smirked giving me a slight pinch on the cheek .

Trying to hide my blushing face, I shoved my phone in his face to avoid eye contact.

"You jerk"I said hitting him in his chest
"My phone ain't broken,but your brain certainly is"

"What?"he said pushing me off him
"Are you blind?How is your phone not broken?"he said cluelessly, snatching the phone from me

"Look"he shoved the phone in my face almost making me fall
"I'm not on your lock screen or wallpaper"

"Ha.ha.ha.Not funny"I said uncaring,walking back to the dinning table to finish my food.

He was still standing in the living room and was smirking like a maniac.
I shoved the noodles in my face while trying to turn on my phone .

I looked over to him
His smile too sweet to be alive.
"You dumbass,now my phone is really broken"

"You're welcome"he said smiling.

"My mom" I said lost in my thoughts

"Huh?" he said, switching through the channels on the television,and I could see the boredom on his face.

"I haven't heard anything from my mom.You have to give me your phone so I can call her".

"Say please"he said teasingly

"Pwease" I said disturbed .

He stood there and looked at me for a while before shrugging

"That works too.My phone's in my room on the study table"

"Thanks "I said running upstairs to his room

The phone started ringing even before I could take it .
It seemed as if this person was desperate to talk to someone like him.

I didn't want to check who it was,but I really did.Multipe unread text messages came from this person saved as "N".

I'll just open them and look through...For his safety.
It could be a stalker...
Or it could be Natalie which it was .

Their texts were mostly arguments and it looked more like she was a gold digger than a loving girlfriend.
For some reason, seeing their heated arguments made me all happy inside.

"BRIELLE!"I heard Darien call out for me and I knew he was eating my noodles at this point.

I put the phone back down and went downstairs to see him eating my noodles.

Totally forgetting to call my mom ,I call out to him :
"No! Don't eat those"I said scaring him at first but he kept on shoving them in his mouth

"Why ? What's wrong with them?"he said still chewing

I ran up to him,hitting the fork out of his hand.

"You've eaten mine ,now you'll cook something else for me"

"Sure "he shrugged unconcerned and left to the kitchen.

20 minutes later,there was smoke everywhere and I could hear Darien coughing and cursing like it was his last day alive.

With my vision blurry,I searched around for him, repeatedly screaming his name when I spotted a thin but muscular figure in front of me.

Feeling out of air,I faint only to be caught in someone's arms.

"Bri"
Someone shook me aggressively as I came back to my senses.