3

Half The Story - Luke Wild, Alix Page

Luke might be panicking. He doesn't like interacting with people who don't like him. His response to panic is calling Sierra. It's always Sierra. When he's going on a first date with someone, or fights with his parents, or just recieves emails that are too serious - it's always her. She never gives him advice if he's not asking for it. She just talks to him, calms him down, and lets him joke about the situation, whatever it is. She knows that's Luke's way of coping with problems.

She's always really calm and never yells. She wants to be a teacher, so obviously, being patient with dumb people is an important trait. And luckily, she has it.

"Lu, what's up?" her voice always sounds so kind, like she's talking to a puppy. But not in a weird, childish way, no. Luke can always tell that she's paying attention only to him when she's speaking. Her voice is confident and present, and that confidence already simmers him down. He knows he'll be alright with her.

"Hi, you're gonna be at that party, right?" he asks, anxiously. He hates being alone in places full of people. He loves having fun in big companies, but he always needs someone by his side.

"Yeah, I'm getting ready right now. Why?" she asks. She's just started doing her makeup, which is her favourite part. Her face can go from pretty to gorgeous in just ten minutes, and she likes getting what she wants quickly.

"Ashton is going to be there, and Calum definitely won't leave him for me, so I really need you tonight." he says, going through his closet. He tries to decide if he should overdress tonight so no one concentrates on what he's saying, or not draw attention to himself.

"You know I wouldn't leave you alone. But what's wrong with Ashton? He seems cool." She's met him not more times than Luke has, but he's been kind to her and once gave her a lift home when everyone else was passed out drunk.

"Well, you know I can get jealous.." he says quietly. It's not even jealousy, but fear.

"What did you do?" he can hear Sierra smile. She always finds it funny how overdramatic he can be, for no apparent reason.

"It was years ago! When Calum and I first met, they'd already been friends. And Cal and I hit it off quite quickly, but I wanted to spend all my time with him, and he was always with Ashton and-"

"And you threw a tantrum? Because Cal has other friends?" she laughs. "How old were you?" his age doesn't really matter because she knows he'd probably do the same now.

"Twelve at the time." he sighs.

"So? It's been like ten years, you both should've gotten over it by today."

"No, but- Ashton is Calum's best friend, but that's it. Just Calum's. We hung out a few times before, got really drunk, and never did it again. I really think he doesn't like me that much." Luke says, finally throwing himself on the bed because he can't stand every piece of clothing in his closet.

"Let's try to hang out with him tonight; if it doesn't work, we can always go home. Deal?" Sierra suggests. She wants him to have other friends, to find a reason to go out more, or to talk to somebody new.

"Deal." he smiles.

It's easy. He just needs to be polite and seem mature, so Ashton understands that he's not the same kid anymore. He grew up, swallowed down his jealousy, and doesn't get upset when his best friend has other friends. Easy.

Except that it's not. He does get upset when his friends hang out with others. Calum and Sierra are the only friends in his life. Ever. He's scared that he's boring. He's convinced that he is, and that's why they have other friends. Not because they're sociable, unlike him, but because they don't find him interesting. Even if they say a million times otherwise. Why would he believe them?