22

Let Me - ZAYN

When driving home, Luke and Sierra think about all the possible ways to renovate the apartment she got from her mother. They settle on selling and giving away all the furniture and everything they can basically. They'll buy everything new with that money even if it's not a lot. They haven't even started planning anything, but Luke has already decided that his savings will be spent on this apartment - it's not like he was going to spend them on anything else. He really wants to help her get this over with as fast as possible. The idea of moving in together is so appealing to him, and he never really knew he wanted it that badly.

"I like your boots. Sparkly." Sierra comments, smiling at him, as they walk into her apartment. She's fully relaxed now which makes Luke a lot less anxious.

"Thanks." he nods at her, taking them off. "It's finally warm enough to wear them."

He hurries to the bathroom, feeling how badly soaked in blood his jeans are. He still doesn't want to tell her, but he can't just start doing laundry in her house, can he? A "great" idea pops up in his head and he decides that rinsing the cuts and changing into his sweatpants is the way to hide everything from Sierra.

Luke sits in her bathroom getting the glass out of his skin, and he's trying to be as quiet as he can but it's obviously not the most pleasant thing to do so a few groans leave his mouth. Some cuts probably need stitches, and he tries to think of something to cover them with but he can't find anything in her bathroom even though it's the most organized bathroom he's ever been in. He can't keep it all a secret from her, but maybe he'll postpone the conversation. After some time everything will be healed and won't look as bad, and they'll just joke about it. Right?

"Honey, why are you there so long?" Sierra shouts from the kitchen. She found the wine she had left from yesterday and to her it's the best way to spend the rest of the evening. "Please don't tell me you're doing what I think you're doing." she giggles with the glass in her hand - they've been kissing a lot more in the past few days.

"Believe me, I'd rather do it with you than alone in your bathroom." he laughs at her. "I'll be out in a few minutes, don't worry."

He comes out all clean and joins her in the kitchen to finish the wine. The small talk doesn't do much, but the wine gets them all tipsy and giggly, so they decide it's their cue to call it a night and finally go to sleep. The roller-coaster of emotions has exhausted them both to the core.

"Luke?" Sierra calls while in the bathroom - her evening routine isn't the quickest.

"Yeah?" he looks up from his phone where he's watching another compilation video of cats snuggling up to dogs and then hitting them seconds later.

"Tell me, why is there blood..?" her voice becomes more and more distant.

"Fuck," he mutters, getting up already and going towards her, "it's nothing, just-"

"What did you do?" she comes out of the bathroom. Her hair is already in a bun, she's wearing her pyjama's and basically all ready for bed.

"I didn't do anything."

"What did you do?" she comes closer, visibly worried, but also pissed. "Give me your hands." she says, not waiting and taking them herself. "Ugh, your hands are always like that - small cuts and bruises here and there." she lets them go, looking up at him. "Just tell me what you did, Luke. You know I always assume the worst." he knows it, but he just can't tell her.

"I didn't do anything, just let it go." he also can't think of anything to explain it.

"I saw blood, you spent there a lot longer than you usually do, and it sounded like you were in pain. Tell me." she demands, but then adds quietly, "Please."