30

All Comes Down - Kodaline

The hot July evening weather makes Sierra choose a light cotton dress, even if the travel only takes about half an hour, and after that, she'll be in an air-conditioned building. Luke walks in on her gathering some stuff into her purse, and his face lights up at once.

"Oh, pretty." he says, coming up from behind and placing his palms on her waist. "Where are you going?" he asks, turning her swiftly to face him. She giggles, looking up at him. She's told him where, but he probably doesn't remember. She doesn't even get annoyed with his memory anymore because she knows it irritates him just as much, if not more.

"Crystal's come to the city, so we're going to have a girls night." she replies with a smile, watching his drop.

"Oh, okay."

"What's wrong?" she brushes his hair back with her fingers, and his head almost follows her movements as he closes his eyes a little.

"No, no, I- it's all good." he doesn't understand why he's not enough. She's enough for him. He doesn't feel the need to go anywhere or to meet anyone. He calls Calum daily, but that's to check on him. Luke often forgets that people are quite sociable; Sierra is not an exception. But for the last several months, she's been so busy that he got used to having her all to himself, just like she has him.

"I love you even when I'm hanging out with other friends." she says quietly, moving her cold fingers to his face.

He stares at her. "Thank you." his whisper is even quieter. "I needed to hear that." she nods. "Call me if you need a ride back, okay?"

She nods one more time, but he just wants to hear her voice again. "Probably will be home tomorrow though. We're not going to drink; she's five months pregnant after all."

He still insists on walking her to the bus stop since he needs to take Petunia on an evening walk anyway. Skipping dinner, he goes straight to bed, just hoping he didn't ruin the mood for Sierra. And when she returns home the next day, it's still all he can think about. But after she tells him what a great time they had just cathing up on life, he calms down without even feeling the need to tell her he felt this way in the first place.

As the weekend gets closer, it's time to invite people to that homewarming party or whatever they had in mind. Michael and Crystal got an automatic invite and an obligation to come since they are not in Edinburgh for long.

"I like Ashton, but he's Calum's best friend." Sierra says when Luke brings up inviting him. "Or do you two chat often now?" she adds because she's all for him having more close friends.

"Not really, no." he shakes his head.

"I don't mind him coming, but again, he's not our close friend."

"Ashton is definitely coming. How do you think Calum will feel among two couples?"

Sierra stops to think and then nods, realising that he's right. Calum and Feye broke up not more than a month ago, and she has no intention to make him feel left out.

"Okay, agreed. Food? I'm not going to cook." she adds the last sentence quickly, as if claiming her seat.

"Let's order then." he shrugs.

"You don't want to cook?" she frowns.

"I only cook for you."

"Oh." She's so used to seeing him in the kitchen that it never crossed her mind how everything he makes there he then feeds her and sometimes joins her. Sierra nods at him, and they go on to make a list of drinks and food they need to buy, to invite people, and then to tidy up the flat a bit.