CHAPTER THREE

⚠️warning!⚠️
This chapter contains sexual assault
And violence that may be unsettling to some.
Viewers discretion is advised.

"You know we should have a safe word!" Cas's voice filtered through the car as we drove to one of her friends lame parties she somehow managed to coerce me into going to

"A safe word?" I looked between her and the road as I drove, one brow raised in confusion.

"Yeah! You know, a safe word!"

"I still don't get it Cas."

I could practically hear the eye roll as she sighed next to me.

"Say we get separated for some reason," she started, fixing the makeup in the compact mirror she keeps in her purse. "say we get separated and something has happens, we need a word or a phrase to say to one another over the phone or something. "

She was struggling to put her explanation into words, but I think I understand what she's saying.

"You know what, never mind it's stupid! " she shook her head worha disappointed laugh.

"It's not stupid I think it's a great idea! " I nodded to show her I was sincere as I pulled in front of the house where the party was taking place.

"What should it be then?" she asked as we walked to the front door that was already crowded with drunk teens. My attention was drawn to the pitch-black sky, the only source of natural light coming from the moon.

"Moonlight?"

"sounds good. Moonlight is our safe word. "

...

Moonlight.

The text had sent unwanted shivers down my spine as I sprinted for the house, for some reason Derek had followed close behind. He might have been calling after me but I couldn't hear him over the sound of my thundering heartbeat.

I'm going to fucking kill Jace is something happened to Cas. He should be with her...

What if he's the reason for the safe word?

Either way he's a dead man.

"Fucking move! " I bellowed out as I shoved past everyone throughout the room, keeping an eye out for the familiar head of my strawberry blonde friend.

"Fucking freak!" I heard a few people shout after me but I didn't bother with them- they aren't important. Cas's well-being is.

I won't let her suffer my fate.