CHAPTER NINETEEN

It's been about a week since I tried to end my life

It's been about a week since I tried to end my life. And about a week since I discovered my growing feelings for Derek.

I was supposed to go to Thomas’ house the day after my “episode”, but I couldn't even get out of bed. I had told Cas and the others when they came by to visit, that I had slipped out of the shower breaking the door in the process.

They believed me for the most part, but the only one that didn't seem as convinced as the other two was Derek. He'd been eyeing me carefully when he thought I wasn't looking.

It makes my chest do that weird flippy thing and I hate it.

After Cas found out what happened she begged her parents to postpone her going to California. Surprisingly enough they agreed and told me to get well soon. I don't know if they meant it or if they were just saying that so they can send Cas to the mental care facility, or ‘spa’ as they liked to call it, faster.

So for a week the guys would come over to hang out with Cas and I while I recovered. We'd watch scary movies because they know they're my favorite and chow down on pizza and milkshakes that Jeremy would bring from the diner.

His grandma, Norma, even stopped by once to see how I was doing. We talked for a while before Jeremy's mom showed up to take her home. She got to meet Alex and Aileen too and she thanked them for having such a "wonderful child".

No one tried to correct her either.

Alex has been avoiding me like the plague since that night. Everytime I walked into a room, he'd find an excuse to leave it. I can tell it's been eating away at him, when he slapped me.

I don't blame him– hell i'm not even mad at him. If anything I'm angry at myself for what I said to him after. I told him to hurt me. I told him I wanted him to hurt me.

Who the fuck says shit like that?

“Ugh, I wanna go to the gym…” I groaned, rolling over on my bed to grab my phone that was on the nightstand. I just want to hit something.

Well, I guess that Thomas will have to do. Considering i'm gonna be paying him a visit later. We still need to figure out who took those disgusting photos of Cassandra.

My breath hitched when I realized how close my body was to Derek's. I honestly forgot he was here because of how quiet he's been. I could feel the heat of his body radiating off of him and it reminded me of the panic attack I had last week.

His eyes were closed, allowing his long lashes to brush against his slightly bruised cheeks. It seems like he's got a new bruise or cut every time I see him and it's starting to worry me.

Who is hurting him like this? Who would want to hurt him like this?

Despite all of his piercings and his large build and tattoos- he's a really nice guy. He's a good person. He's a good person who deserves a good life away from all that is bad in this world.