CHAPTER FOURTEEN

A woman who looked to be in her early 20s with pitch black hair and bright green eyes made her way towards us wearing an oversized olive green hoodie with the same logo I saw on the door

Her eyeliner was smudged around her eyes and reminded me of Avril lavigne. The baggie jeans she wore were ripped and I wondered where she got them.

She sorta looks like Avril Lavigne too— well if Avril Lavigne had black hair instead of blonde and green eyes instead of blue.

“Welcome to Destruction Lane, guys and gal! My name’s Zella and i'm the one in charge for today! ” She smiled warmly at us and I didn't miss the way her eyes lingered on Jeremy for a moment. “Have any of you been here before?”

“We have, but she hasn't.”  Jeremy answered coldly, rolling his eyes while motioning to me with a jerk of his thumb. I smacked him upside the head for being rude.

“Ow- what the hell, Alice!”

“Sorry about him, he's just upset because I'm more in shape than he is.” I rolled my eyes, ignoring the dirty look he was giving me. Derek had to turn away, but by the shaking of his shoulders he was laughing his ass off.

Zella didn't bother hiding her amusement as she chuckled, reaching over her desk to grab a clipboard with a thick stack of papers. I elbowed Jeremy in his side when I noticed him checking out her ass while licking his lips.

“What the fuck is your problem?!” He whisper-shouted at me while Zella was preoccupied with the stack of papers on her hands. Derek once again started laughing his ass off, but tried to cover it up by clearing his throat when Jeremy glared at him.

“Everytime you disrespect a woman in front of me, expect to get hit.” I shrugged, staring blankly into his blue eyes that were glaring daggers into mine.

“Alright, you two that's enough!” Derek chuckled lightly as he stepped in between us, successfully blocking my view of Jeremy who looked like he wanted to hit me.

Not that he'd be able to anyways.

“How old are you, love?” Zella asked me, as she held the clipboard and the pen she must have been looking for.

“18.”

“birthday?”

“October 31st, 2005.”

“Makes sense considering how much of a witch you are.” Jeremy sneered, making me roll my eyes.

“Don't be an ass, Jer.” Derek rolled his eyes, smirking at his best friend who was sulking beside him.

“I wish my birthday was on Halloween!” Zella smiled wide and I just noticed that when she speaks you can see something shiny in her mouth. I think it's a tongue piercing, but I can't be too sure.

Would it be weird if I were to ask?

“Wait, doesn’t that mean you'll be turning 19 this year?” Derek asked, seemingly surprised by this new piece of information. I can already tell what he's thinking: wait, if she 's gonna be 19, doesn't that mean she should've graduated last year?