CHAPTER EIGHT

⚠️Warning this chapter contains topics that may be triggering for some.
Viewers discretion is advised ⚠️

“So you gonna tell me what that was all about?” Cas teased, wiggling her eyebrows as she drove us back to her house for a movie night.

I can't believe I said yes, well, not in those exact words but that's not the point.

Flashback

“what?” I asked, frozen in my spot on the sidewalk. People walking up and down the sidewalk brushed past Derek and I, giving us sideways glances in curiosity.

We both look like we're having a standoff but in reality I'm having a hell of a time trying not to punch him in the face. Is he playing games right now? Seriously?

He chuckled as he took a lazy step forward, nibbling on his black lip ring.

“I said let-”

“I heard what you said, I'm just wondering why.” I crossed my arms over my chest, taking a subtle step back because I don't like that he got closer.

He only shrugged, lightly kicking the rocks at his feet and I could swear I saw a light dusting of blush on his cheeks and his ears. He seems… nervous.

Why do I find that kind of– nevermind.

“Think of it as an apology for my ‘sucky apology’.” Derek scratched the back of his neck.

He let out an awkward cough after I studied him for a moment, trying to find any form of deception. His green eyes were crystal clear while his body was leaning casually against the light post and one hand was in his pocket, the other was tousling his already messy mud locks.

“Whatever.” I sighed, taking a step back, ignoring the bright smile that lit up his whole demeanor. “After school tomorrow, meet me at the parking lot. I'll drive.”

“Deal. “

End of flashback

“Which part?” I groaned, rubbing the scar on my nose, feeling a headache starting to form.

Cas gawked at me, snorting in disbelief. “Umm, how about– oh I don't know– all of it!” she demanded as we pulled into her driveway.

“I'll tell you once we're inside, but first…" I sighed, stepping out of the car, following Cas into her large three-story house with her loose blonde curls bouncing with each click of her heels. “I need a drink.”

Cassandra turned to me confused as she pointed at the milkshake in my hand. “but you still have-”

“a stronger drink.” I reiterated, stepping through the front door.