CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

⚠️Trigger warning:⚠️self-harm, attempted suicide,blood⚠️You have been warned⚠️

self-harm, attempted suicide,
blood
⚠️You have been warned⚠️

At some point yesterday while Derek held me I had fallen asleep. I don't know when, or for how long. I just know that when I woke up, I was alone in my room and it was dark outside.

With a sigh I stood up from my bed and stretched out my aching limbs. I'm grateful that whoever brought me upstate didn't change me out of my clothes from earlier. Alex probably didn't let them.

I don't want anyone seeing what I hide beneath all of these layers. I'm sure that one day I'll be able to be confident in my own skin, but that won't be for a long time.

I need a shower...

Standing in the shower, under the boiling hot streams, my mind couldn't help but wander back to the events that took place earlier today.

I could've killed him. I almost wanted to.

I let the water roll over my head as I started down at my hands. The same hands that have done things no eight year old girl should've ever had to, to survive that hellhole.

Do you see it, little Alice? All the blood that stains your hands?

“Leave me alone…” I whispered to the voice I've tried my hardest to ignore for the last twelve years.

Leave you alone? Now why the hell would I want to do that? I thought you would've missed our little chats…

“Stop it…” I closed my eyes, clenching my fists tightly as I slightly shook my head. “you're not here. You're not real.”

I used to be… real I mean. But you know that… You were my sweet little Alice, and I was your mad hatter… until you became more mad than I…

Don't you miss playing with me?

“Shut up…”

C'mon don't be like that little Alice…

“Shut. Up.” I hissed through clenched teeth, violently shaking as I felt the scolding water slowly change to cold.

If you want me to stop little Alice you only have to do one, simple, little task…

Die. Die the same way you killed me.

Do it and this will all be over!

Die.

Die.

DIE!

A scream ripped through me as I punched the glass door to my shower, shattering it. It almost felt as if I were in a trance as I watched the blood from the cuts on my hand stick around the shards of glass that litters my black tiled floor.