Chapter 74- Grief and scars

Before E-Chan's death.

Inside her mindscape, she was talking to herself as she was being bled out while her father was there looking at her.

E-Chan: Haha, I think I'm dying... but that's okay... E-Chan always bounces back!

Fake E-Chan: Nuh uh, not this time

E-Chan: But I'm supposed to help everyone and return to papa, that's my job!

Fake E-Chan: Now your job is to be dead.

E-Chan: Oh no... papa!

Fake E-Chan: E-Chan, you can get through this!

E-Chan: Really?! I can go back to mama and papa?!

Fake E-Chan: Just kidding~ Sorry, not sorry. You're not a hero. You're nothing but a little kid, E-Chan. That beam you were shot at... mhm, it was fatal, not even mama Vestal can save you. However, you have time to speak with papa, one last time.

E-Chan: Okay... papa... I'm sorry!

Time skip

A few days had gone by and everyone and Azur Lane was still up to their normal shenanigans. Well, except for 2 people, Enterprise had decided to come back after the news of her child's death and has been too hard on herself to the point that she would faint every training practice. As for Y/N, he isolated himself inside his room, refusing to see anyone.

Of course, he was given food by Cleveland who visits him every hour to check on his condition while the others were doing their best to cheer him up but all that was there was an empty shell.

Cleveland: Y/N, morning, it's breakfast.

You: ...

Cleveland: Come on, eat, you didn't eat dinner yesterday too... What a waste. I know you're depressed that E-Chan is now gone but everyone is worried about you, at least eat something.

You: ...Eat...

E-Chan (mirage): Papa! Let's eat together! Everything's better when you're here, hehe!

You: ...Eat without me, I'm not hungry...

Cleveland: *sigh* Okay, I'll leave your food on the table and I better see at least a spoonful of it gone before I come back.

Cleveland replaces the food that was given last night with Y/N's breakfast before leaving

You: ...Ash.

Ash: What is it?

You: In your timeline, did this happen? E-Chan died and I told you about it?

Ash: ...Yeah, honestly, it hurt me mentally. Just like the Enterprise now, I want to be there for everyone, I refuse to let anyone die and suffer like our daughter...

You: Tell me, will the pain ever go away...?

Ash: Unfortunately, no, it won't, but it will change. At first, it will be treated as an open wound that no medicine can heal for a long time. However... there will be a scar in its place and you'll treat it as a reminder of your love. E-Chan wanted to grow and be like you, now, she's soaring in the sky with the others.

You: And I can't watch it... because it's all my fault...

Ash: You shouldn't blame yourself. You can't fix what has been done. E-Chan wouldn't want you to be like this. Remember what E-Chan said to you before her death?

You: Of course I do...

Ash: Then don't go back on her word. Move on and destroy the sirens. Well, except maybe those you know personally.