{2.06}

THIRTY MINUTES PASSED IN completion and there was no sign of Thomas. So, Eden decided to take the opportunity to use the downtime full of panic for good, getting Newt to finally get some sleep. He was reluctant at first but once she had moved into the bed beside him, well it was mere seconds before he completely passed out and achieved some well-needed rest It was better than nothing, even if it was only for a short time.

Eden had sat up in bed, leaning on an arm that was now beginning to ache severely as she gently ran her fingers through the front of his hair. "It's about time," Frypan whispered smiling suspiciously as he leaned against the side of the bunk beds.

She forcibly frowned, fighting the soft smile that had called her lips to hope for about the same time that Newt had been asleep. "Shut it, Fry," she whispered back, voice low and somewhat pained due to the never dulling ache in her shoulders.

"Ha! You just confirmed all my suspicions," he exclaimed, grinning widely as Eden looked up at him with such hatred in her eyes. She glanced back down to Newt and checked he hadn't woken, which he hadn't, then looked back up to Fry.

"You're telling me you- screw you," she grumbled, looking around the room to check that no one else had found their conversation interesting. Not a single head was turned in her direction so she dubbed it safe.

Fry laughed quietly, "So... what happened?"

"We just talked..." Eden replied softly, looking back down to Newt so she could avoid the conversation entirely. Frypan let out a sharp puff of air of disbelief. "It's true!"

Fry's grin turned into a more mischievous version as he gestured to her face, "Okay so why are you all bright red?"

Eden sighed deeply, knowing that she had been caught out, then thought about how much she would actually want to tell him in such a public situation. "We just talked about certain things," she trialled off, adding further suspicions to Frypan's head. He had been rather observant of how Eden and Newt stepped out of the bathroom, both pink in the face and smiling a little too much. He also noticed how Newt refused to take his eyes off her, which was usual but it wasn't usually such an intense and happy stare.

"Like?"

"Feelings and such," she shrugged, trying to keep a serious topic rather non chantant and casual to push Frypan away from the conclusion that he had sprung to. It wasn't exactly an incorrect conclusion.

Frypan grinned in such a way that she could tell he was holding back a certain type of joyful laughter that she had only heard when certain rumors flew round the glade the first time - rumors which she had instantly shut down and been rather offended by. Those rumors did make her feel certain things though, especially when Newt protectively yelled at everyone for coming up with such things. "And?" he pressed, whispering as one of the boys walked in front of them on their way to the bathroom.

"We kissed, like four times," Eden whispered back after the coast was completely clear, hoping that no one else would catch the confession. She also hoped that Frypan would not blow his reaction completely out of proportion, something which could be very likely knowing him.

"I would scream right now if I could," he joked , laughing softly as he looked between the two of them in a completely different light. Newt stirred in his sleep and sighed deeply, edging closer towards her even though she did not think it was possible. "I thought you were still in your denying all feelings for him phase?" Fry continued after they were both sure he would not wake up.

She hummed absentmindedly, "I haven't been for a while, I just didn't realise it I think? The time in the hospital gave me plenty of thinking time so I realised certain things. How much I missed him more than everyone else and just wanted to be in his presence..."

"And about how you've been in love with him for the past year and a half?"

"I wouldn't say in love-" Eden trailed off as she caught Frypan's gaze and his disapproving look of protestment. "Shut up Fry."

He laughed quietly, looking down to the floor instead of at her, "How are you going to tell the others?"

She shrugged, looking back to Newt as a soft smile contorted her face, "No idea, he said he should just let them guess and I like that idea. Leaves less awkward conversations you know?"

He nodded then laughed softly again, looking around the room, "Man there are going to be some sad faces around here now."

Eden clicked her tongue as she sighed, "Oh, will you just-" she protested, picking up the pillow that Newt was not sleeping on before she threw it directly at him. He didn't manage to catch it before it collided with his face, despite his efforts.

"What? Trust me, I know these things."

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah yeah."

The vent underneath whoevers bed it was, she did not know, shot open and clattered loudly on the floor startling everyone. Newt practically shot awake, sitting up instantly as he turned toward Thomas sleepily, "We have to go!" he yelled as he appeared in the bedroom, sprinting toward the door with a large bedsheet in hand. Everyone instantly and loudly clambered around him, asking dozens of unanswered questions as they watched him tie a sheet around the door handles. "Paige, she's still alive," he replied softly, inaudible over all the commotion yet Eden heard it.

"Thomas, can you just calm down and talk to us?" Newt yelled, haluting the chaos instantly. Eden looked toward the tied up door, glad to find that no one had turned up behind the glass at the sound of all the yelling and commotion.

"It's Wicked!" he yelled and silence instantly fell amongst the questioning Gladers. "It's still Wicked. It's always been Wicked."

"I knew it," Eden whispered but in the complete and utter silence it sounded somewhat like a exclamation. Every head turned in her direction, including Thomas who frowned upon remembering something else.

"They want the cure you made," Thomas whispered to her, checking the door for outside listeners as she had five seconds ago.

Eden peered at him peculiarly, wondering whether he had hit his head in the vent and suffered some form of amnesia, "I know that... I told you that not five minutes ago."

He shook his head violently, voice becoming even more of a yell even though it was quiet, "No Eden, you're not listening. They want the cure. And they won't stop at anything."

She hesitated for a moment and upon her inhale of breath, the realisation swept over confusing and turning mind, "They're going to try and take it from the blood of the people cured, right?"

Thomas nodded and Eden's breath turned shaky, her hand reaching for Newts. "In about five minutes we're all going in for 'testing.' They're going to use certain methods on you to get the information, they know you're lying," he replied, using a tone that was meant to soften the blow. Newt clutched onto her hand like it was a life source and stared at her with such worry in his eyes yet she did not notice it.

"We need to get out of here," she whispered, looking through the small gap in the door where the window could still be seen. Shadows approached in the distance, hunting down the corridor.

"Took the words straight from my mouth."

Eden looked back to Thomas, asking, "Where's Teresa?"

"I hoped you knew that."

"Shit."