{3.15}

"THOMAS," EDEN GENTLY whispered, voice showing extreme calmness. Which, given what had just occurred, was widely out of place and so concerning that Thomas genuinely had no idea what to do. "Did you kill her?" she asked, voice remaining soft still. Her gaze remained fixed on the lifeless shell (she could not call it the body of Newt, it wasn't in her eyes) even as she conversed.

His brow frowned just a little, tears remaining to streak down his face, "Kill who?"

"Ava Paige."

"No," he replied reluctantly, still greatly concerned by her calm tone and the completely blank look upon her lifeless face. He would have thought she had turned into a statue, if it wasn't for the constant stream of tears glistening her cheeks.

"Do you have a plan?"

"An idea," he shrugged, unable to look at the body that lay before them any longer. The guilt would eat him up alive as soon as he looked at the blade planted in his chest.

"Need any help?"

"Eden..." he sighed apprehensively, not thinking it was a very good idea.

"She has to pay, Thomas."

He nodded, completely understanding that this wasn't something he could argue. She would do it alone if needs be. And given that Newt's dying wish was that he would keep her safe, he simply had to agree. "Follow me. "

Anger makes you stupid, stupid gets you killed.