{3.12}

AS IF THEIR LUCK HAD REACHED its peak, Minho ran at the guard that was about to shoot all three of them. He tackled the gun from the soldier's hand then screamed as he threw him through a glass wall, shattering glass and rendering the soldier imobile.

Minho blew air out of his lungs rapidly, blind fury spilling off of him. They all stared at each other for a moment, not quite believing the sight before them was real. Minho truly believed he was in a simulation whereas the others just could not believe he was there, alive and well.

The boys ran to hug each other tightly, Eden lingering back to let them have their moment. She could tell it would only be something she would intrude on. Once they eventually parted, Eden walked forward and hugged Minho just as tight as he hugged her back. Words could not describe how grateful to him she was. "Is this real?" he whispered breathlessly to her and her alone. Eden nodded and watched as his grin only grew, joy replacing his anger.

Suddenly, their celebration was cut short by the approach of more soldiers. She did not know where they were all coming from at this point but did not linger to find out. The four of them dipped into the nearest room and locked the door tight. Eden was overjoyed to find the room was a well stocked lab, where she could complete the final step of the mission. Then they could finally get out of there, even if she had no idea how they were going to do so.

As the others secured the door with an upturned case, Eden began to dig through the lab supplies with such speed that the beakers and test tubes almost broke as they knocked tougher. In frighteningly quick succession, she pulled out the dozen items that she needed. First she cracked the vial of Thomas' blood into the bottom of a conical flask, adding one item to it before realising she was missing the most important component. The very ingredient that had been brought up in the box with Teresa and had saved Alby's life.

A distant whirring of metal caught her attention away from her cure for a millisecond before she drowned in it again, searching for the thing she needed whilst swirling the flask with one hand. "Eden!" Thomas yelled desperately, knowing that they did not have very long now.

"Just a second!" she yelled back, focus never drifting from the cabinet she was busy rifling through.

"We have to go!"

"I just need one thing!" she exclaimed over the sound of the soldiers trying to break down the door, luckily their barrier seemed to be holding pretty well. Eden placed the flask down on the desk in front of her and began to root through deep drawers filled with different labelled tubes, searching for gold amongst the rubble.

"Pepper," Newt spoke softly, placing both his hands on top of her shaking ones.

"Stop, I just need-" she protested, pulling her hands out from underneath his so she could continue searching. Eden had pretty much drowned out the sound on the other side of the door by this point so she did not know how little time they had left before being caught, not that that would have changed her mind anyhow.

"Leave it," Newt replied softly, slowly shutting the drawer she was rifling through so he did not accidently catch her fingertips. 

She stared at him in complete puzzlement, mind not quite catching up with what he was trying to suggest. "What?"

"Leave it, we have to go," he explained softly, taking her hand as he pulled her towards where the others had planned to jump from. Eden did not even notice the shattered glass or the missing chair, her soul attention being placed onto him.

She stammered, looking around in puzzlement as she pulled her hand from his, "But what about-"

The door holding the soldiers back rocked forcibly, nearly cracking open with the force. "It doesn't matter, come on," Newt responded calmly, shaking his head as he extended his hand towards hers again.