The Ball 2

BEWARE:UNEDITED

—-

Rain's POV

I woke up earlier than expected. Maybe because of the fact that I can't stand dreaming about Dylan Cammingwel. I dreamed about him rejecting me, and how I'll be crying a river after that. I dreamed about him looking into my eyes, full of love and desire for a second then after another it all turned into grey, it rained and I watched his back going away from me, I tried catching him, calling his name until he suddenly pauses,turns around to face me and rejects me right then,right there. I shudder at the thought and hugged myself. Even in my dreams it can still send shivers running down through my spine, how much more if it's literally happening right in front of me? How much can I take? Will I survive each step he takes away from me when that happens? Will I be like the third in command's son that father did not take as an option to send off as the representative for our pack? Would I be emotionally unstable too? Or much more?

I was annoyed by the fact that werewolves can't love like humans can. Why can't we love somebody else rather than our mates? Why are we so drawn to our mates that even if we hadn't known them for a long time, we'd be ready to sacrifice our lives just for them? Why are they only one in a million? Most of all, why are we so independent on the moon goddess on finding our other half? Can't we do a good job just by ourselves? Or maybe because we're just a very complicated kind that we entrust everything to somebody so that we can blame someone when things don't go right, like 'I don't like you,but the moon goddess paired us up, so I guess we're meant to be' I groaned louder. I was annoyed with reality but more or less, I was annoyed with myself for being a coward. It was still five in the morning and I had thousands of questions inside my head already. Questions that no matter how I seek for answers to them, I know in the end I'll be lost in a dead track.

I must have disturbed Nina with my groaning since I heard her tiptoe until she was in front of my sitting position.

''Hey Rain, are you having nightmares?' she asks me, while rubbing my back just like what my mother used to do to me when Winter told me ghosts and big foot were real, I guess he forgot to tell me that vampires still roam the earth freely too.

''Yeah, just homesick I guess'' I'm such a great actress, aren't I?

''Don't worry, at least we're gonna meet new friends-'' she looked at the clock on the wall ''in 2 hours'' then she gave me a smile. I returned one back. After an hour or so she went back into her bed and asked me if I could wake her up later since I told her that I can't fall asleep anymore. I agreed and took a bath, for the time being. After taking a bath I decided to wear my AEO Lightweight sweater, gray levi's and Sam Edelman boots and tied my hair into a messy bun. I didn't bother putting make up on since I don't know how to use them anyway, if not even for my mother I wouldn't have them. I decided to wake Nina up so she'll have enough time to prep for classes too. I was reading one of Nina's fashion magazines since I was bored and had nothing to do, when the bell rang again and the speaker announced that we need to go to the pentagon. Nina and I rushed downstairs with the other students and assembled ourselves from smallest to tallest. Since I was only a medium sized girl, I was placed in the middle and good enough Nina was at my back.

Principal May climbed up the stage in front of us then spoke loudly through the microphone. She was wearing a pencil cut skirt and a white top. Unlike me and my messy hairdo she had a very neat bun and not a strand of her hair in sight was out of place, she was screaming perfection. What I want to be....