Training 1

BEWARE:UNEDITED

—-

Rain's POV

To say I was sad about what had happened between me and Dylan is the understatement of the year. I was devastated. That was the truth. For the first time, I didn't exactly know what was going on and what will be happening. I didn't know Dylan would kiss me, I didn't know that he didn't want me, I didn't know that he would leave me as if I was just nothing to him, when seconds before that he was making out with me. I guess, I really am nothing special. Ever since from the start, I already told you, I was nothing but normal and boring without my abilities as a werewolf, but I always had this little hope inside my heart that even though I can never be special in everyone's eyes, I can at least be special to one person. My mate. I always envied how my father looked at my mother, as if they're still love sick teenagers meeting for the very first time. I've always wanted that. But I guess some things are just too good to be true, for me perhaps.

Suddenly Nina comes in our room, I quickly put the blanket all over me, so that she wouldn't see my face. I looked like a wreck. The mascara she has put on earlier was just all around and my lipstick is traveling the bottom of my lips in it's content.

''Hey Rain, I just had the most wonderful time'' she starts off.

''Bryan and I danced the whole night'' she informs me. Lucky you,then...

''I'm sure you had a good time too, every time I looked at our table guys just keep coming up to you'' Yes, they do Nina, before I tell them my alibi and refuse my butt off until they finally get what I mean when I say I don't dance...

''It actually surprised me finding you here already, I was thinking some guy from the ball must have swept you off of your feet and took you to a romantic midnight stroll or the such'' No strolling, though there was only pulling and... kissing.

''Anyways, I'm sure you're tired but I just want to talk to you about our deal, I mean you did your part already so I should do mine'' she tells me in a matter of fact tone. Oh yeah, the deal were you get to teach me some combat techniques!

''So, I was thinking Rain, tomorrow is a weekend, it's the perfect time to practice for your test on Monday!'' hmmm... that actually sounds good...

''So are you up for it?'' she asks me, I was about to get the blanket off me, when I realized how much of a mess I am, and I didn't want Nina to be alarmed, or maybe because I just really don't want to tell her what happened earlier, because the longer I think about what happened, the more pain I feel inside me. Damn. He should've just hurt me physically than emotionally, you know that feeling when you think you're dying slowly and you can't do anything about it? Exactly what I'm feeling right now... Instead of facing her with a monster of a face I have, I decided to just raise my hand over the blanket and give her an okay sign. Nina seemed to get the picture and told me her goodnight as she drifts off to sleep.

After many tries of falling asleep, Though God knows what time it was when my body finally got the information I was trying to send, it finally gave up and did what it was supposed to do. It finally took a rest after a whole night of crying. Finally...

—-

I woke up earlier than the time I was used to open my eyelids at my pack every week end. I think being in the training academy is shaping me to become an early bird. My mother is gonna be so proud of me.... Seriously. She always scolded me about sleeping late trying to finish a novel I found earlier that day and waking up on lunch time. She just really can't accept that she gave birth to a lazy kid, can't she? But now, if she can only see me and the change I have made just a couple of days staying in this hell, she might be crying a river. I was surprised though when I woke up, Nina was already sitting patiently on her bed, facing mine.

''Hello Rain, Good morning. It's gonna be a great day, the sun is shining , c'mon! It's the perfect time to train!'' she exclaimed, I groaned. Sensing as if she would not do anything I wouldn't move my body even by an inch, she finally decided to pull me by the wrist. She led me to the gym then I locked it.

''Why did you lock it?'' Nina asked me.

''Because I told you remember, me taking a second combat test needs to remain a secret, if anybody else finds out, The Principal may hear it and I'll be kicked out from the Training Academy'' I informed her, she nodded her head, as if letting everything that I said sink in.

''Let's start'' She encouraged me.

''So the combat test, is really not about what kind you use,as you can see you can also use martial arts to show how you protect yourself.The combat test is just called the combat test because I guess The combat test and martial arts and other techniques test is just too long for them, but anyways, it doesn't really matter what kind you use.It depends more on how you do it, swiftly,steady and right''

''First I'm gonna show you, something my father has mastered and what I grew up looking at, A kind of martial art called Jiu-Jitsu'' then she stood up in position, showing me different moves that relate to the subject.

''You throw your attacker by lowering your center of gravity under his, and jerking him over you, or around you. It's simple and effective. If he attacks with a weapon, you trap his arm, then deliver a knife-hand strike to his collarbone, while shoving him backward and down, locking the weapon wrist and breaking it'-'' then suddenly, Nina was on me, pushing my body as if she wants me to collide with the floor.

''If he throws either a front or roundhouse kick of any kind, he must stand on the other leg. You sidestep his kick, trap the leg, and deliver your own kick into his standing knee, breaking it backward, then whipping him around by his raised leg. He will go down and will be unlikely to be capable of much retaliation.'' I was on the floor and my right hand was taken, not literally, but taken,her left hand was supporting my head and her left fist was on my left cheek acting as if it was pointing a knife at me, her right leg was surrounding my small waistline pushing her weight on me while again her right hand was blocking my right hand that like I said, was taken to function. She is fast!

Then she let me go, stood up and bent her body to offer me a hand, I gladly took it, even though I was clearly still in awe. I didn't know that a bubbly bunny like Nina, could turn to a very serious woman and even knows how to fight!

''You okay?'' she asks me. I nodded my head.

''I'm just thinking about how much work we need to get done'' like... a lot