Are you mates?

BEWARE: UNEDITED

——

Rain's POV

Change-to make the form,nature,content,future course,etc.,of(something)different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.

Dustin was giving me a hard decision, he wanted me to change what I have been for the past sixteen years, he wanted me to form into someone he thinks that can pass what he says are battles with faith. Mind you, I do not wish to win these battles he refers so often about and use against me more than a few times already since we talked, I seriously do not care one bit if I lose one or more battles. I mean, why should I care in the first place? If I was meant to lose anyways,why should I put in effort? You see,giving up is one of my secret talents, and it's also something I use in moments where I find myself hopelessly thinking of a solution to a problem, and let me say, I have been hopeless many, many times.

But even though I was against the thought of changing my whole being, a part of me, a small voice just hiding on a far bit corner was telling me to give it a go, unlike the others it was encouraging me to take risks and saying that it wouldn't hurt, as much as it should, if I give it a try. and then I realized, I don't really have anything to lose if I decided to carry on with Dustin's plans, dignity? I have a bit left, why not lose it all? Pride, I lost that the moment I betrayed my father. Someone I love? Does a mate who doesn't care count?

I shook my head at the though, how silly of me.

of course, it doesn't.

I glanced at my reflection on the glass window at my left side, then turned my head to face Nina, she was excited and found the whole process of me doing a complete re do of my life fascinating and glamorous as she says. On the front, driving was the ever so famous Dustin Reynolds, Principal May's one and only son and what seems like the Academy's prize possession, and let's not forget 'the second most powerful administrator' in the school. Lovely.

For an unknown reason he has managed to snatch up me and Nina from our classes since we were scheduled for a fancy day at the mall. I rolled my eyes at the thought. It hasn't been a complete 24 hours since I agreed to his proposition, and I still wasn't convinced at the thought that I was sober that time, I think I might have drank a sip of beer or something since I couldn't see myself agreeing to this if I had a proper mindset. I groaned and shuffled on my seat, this might come out wrong to your brain but I don't really care, my butt was aching and I have been sitting her patiently for three hours already.And it feels like my legs have gone numb for not using them at that certain amount of time. How swell...

Finally, after being stuck there for another 38 minutes we have finally reached our destination. I was the first one out of among us three to get my butt out of that uncomfortable seat and got my legs working all together. I breathed out a sigh of relief. Finally, I have found freedom! Weird, I know okay?

While I was still exercising my legs Nina and Dustin approached me, Dustin clapped his hands loudly that I decided to give him the gift of glare since he was just right beside me so close on my right ear when he decided to let that stupidity of his control him once again.