23

"I can't believe you're actually here,"  Rachel says grinning at Garrett

The group were walking through the forest and in the direction of Evie's cottage. Carlos, Jane, and Ben walked in front. Jane held onto Carlos' hand. In the middle of the pack was Jay, Harry, and Gil. And in the back was Rachel and Garrett.

Garrett ran a hand through his flowy brown hair.

"We saw an opening in the barrier because of your idiot friends causing mayhem on the Isle," Garrett chuckles, "So we ducked out. Wanted to see the sights, but didn't expect it to be too dull."

Rachel smiles a little looking at him.

"Sorry, you picked the wrong time to come to Auardon. We're not at a hundred percent right now." Rachel said.

Garrett finds himself smiling at her.

"What isn't like this?" Garrett gestures around at their surroundings, "Minus the princess having a tantrum, it seem rather nice."

Rachel's smile fades so quickly and looks away.

Garrett tilts his head at her.

"Audrey," Rachel sighs.

Garrett kept his eyes on her as they walked.

"I knew her all my life. Her, me, and Ben." Rachel locks eyes at Garrett, "We grew up together. We were always together, even when Ben and Audrey dated and then-."

Rachel looks forward.

"Ben decided to allow the kids of the Isle to come over and in the mix of spells and chaos with the new kids," Rachel sadly smiles, "Audrey was just- forgotten."

Garrett looks forward for a moment.

"She's been hurt," Garrett says, "That much is true."

Rachel looks at him.

"Seeing how bad you feel shows me you're a million times better than some of our parents on the Isle." Garrett said, "My mom wouldn't care much if I told her that the things she's said about me or my sister really make me upset."

Rachel watched as he gives her a sad smile.

Rachel finds herself reaching out and placing her hand on his shoulder. He glanced from her and then the hand resting on his shoulder.

"Have you apologized?" Garrett asks.

Rachel nods.

Garrett smiles, "That's more than my mom."

Rachel nods again.

She looks from him and then to her childhood friend. To the king of the land. Ben. He walked with such determination to get to his soon to be bride.

"I just-," Her voice stops for a moment.

Garrett looks at her.

"I don't think hearing it from me was enough," Rachel said, "There was damage done from more than just me."