21

Rachel bolted through the forest

Rachel bolted through the forest.  She sprinted faster than she ever had during gym class. She could hear the loud footsteps of beast Ben coming towards her.

She nearly tripped over a tree root, but it only caused her to stumble. She manage to have caught her balance and look around.

Nothing but trees.

But as Rachel stopped moving for a moment, she heard nothing. No running. No beast Ben.

Rachel wasn't too confident that he had just ran off or lost interest in her. He wasn't himself, and to him she seemed like either food or something to have fun with.

Rachel looked around, unsure where the cursed king could be, but then as she turned partially she saw beast Ben pounce in the air.

He jumps on top of her.

Rachel screams.

The two roll down the hillside, getting hit by branches and thorns. As they tumbled down, Rachel tried to get him away from her.

When they reached the bottom of the hill, the two were apart.

Rachel looked at Ben.

He was whimpering.

"Ben-?" Rachel asks.

His shoulder were hunched over and slightly shaking.

"Ben, are you okay?" Rachel asks slowly reaching out.

And then the beast version of her best friend swiped his clawed hand at her. Doing so caused Ben to cut Rachel's shirt but more importantly, the upper part of her arm.

Rachel pulled back and scooted away from him.

Ben looks at her, almost for a moment realizing what he had done, but then back to what he was whimpering about.

Rachel couldn't make it out, but it was like he was hurt.

Ben looks from his hand and then to Rachel, he growls at her and then sprints off away from her.

"Ben-!" Rachel yells.

She stands up and then sees where Ben was hunched over was a small puddle of blood on the grass.

Rachel's eyes widen, "He's injured," She says.

And then she winced, remembering the pain he had inflicted on her.

-D3-

Hades was slumbering in his lair as Celia and Mal entered. Celia walked into the area where the blue haired man rested. She had Mal stay back while she retrieves the ember

As Celia reached over to Hades in order to grab the ember, it appears the god has awoken from his dreams.

He turns his head and lowers his shades, he looks directly at Celia.