11

In Ben's office, it was Ben and Rachel

In Ben's office, it was Ben and Rachel. Ben was going through some paper work and telling Rachel about him and Mal's fight. Rachel was slouching in a comfortable chair in his office.

Rachel had her hair in a braid. There was a flower clip in her hair. She was wearing a purple sundress and purple flats.

"She lied to me, Rach. She had been using magic and lying to me." Ben says in frustration.

Rachel frowns.

She wasn't surprised about it. She could tell Mal seemed to be under a lot of pressure. Rachel pushed herself off the seat and walked to stand in front of Ben's desk where he was sitting at.

"It's been a lot for her," Rachel says, "A lot has happened to the two of you in the last six months. You became King of Auradon, and she along with her VK friends decided to be good."

Ben looks at his friend, "I know- I know, but this isn't easy."

"No, being a king isn't easy." Rachel agreed but added, "But neither is turning your back on where you came from."

Ben says nothing.

"Ben, we'll never understand them on that level. We grew up with a happy childhood. Parents who loved us. A happy and loving home." Rachel then frowns, "Them not to much. So cut Mal some slack. This is is a lot for her, I mean the Cotillion and-."

"Cotillion," Ben says then the earpiece on his ear got his attention.

He tapped on it.

"Deborah?" Ben spoke.

Rachel groans and turns away.

"Yes, Your Majesty?"  The voice of Deborah could be heard.

"Can you ask Lumiere to call me regarding Cotillion?" Ben asks.

"Yes, sir."  Deborah says.

"Thank you," Ben says.

Then Ben continued with his work. His work for Cotillion. Rachel groans yet again and found herself collapsing back into her chair she was just sitting in a moment ago.

A knock at the door. Followed by Evie's head poking in.

"Ben?" Evie asks.

Rachel noticed the expression first. Her face looked sadden. And there was a note in Evie's hand. Ben, however, did not notice any of this. He took off the earpiece and smiled.

"Evie! Come in!" He says.

Evie closes the door behind her and walks to the desk, Rachel gets up and stands in front of the desk near the two. Ben at this point had already stood up.

"Mal's gone back to the Isle," Evie says.

Rachel glanced from Evie to Ben, "Ben."

Ben frowns, "This is my fault. This is my fault." He declares.