15

When Jay and Rachel arrive, it made everything real

When Jay and Rachel arrive, it made everything real. The two were holding hands. They were each other's date to Cotillion.

As Evie was being interviewed over her look, the daughter of the Evil Queen caught a glimpse of Jay and Rachel together. A smile formed on Evie's face as she finished her interview.

Rachel and Jay walk over near the railing to get a little away from the crowd. Rachel noticed some of the girls staring over at Jay. Seemingly the girls were disappointed that Jay had a date.

"I'm sure Chad is happy you have a date," Rachel says, "He'll try and swoon all the girls."

Jay let a chuckle escape his lips, "Chad went to Sherwood Forest."

Rachel raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"Audrey called." Jay says.

Rachel nods realizing that explanation made more sense.

A little away, Carlos and Jane were standing talking among themselves. But then, coming over was Fairy Godmother. The mother of Jane hadn't known her daughter had a date to Cotillion so she just assumed she was stuck with her like usual.

"Jane!" Fairy Godmother says, "There you are, my dear. Well, everything looks beautiful, my love."

Carlos and Jane look at the Headmaster. And still, Fairy Godmother hadn't noticed how close the son of Cruella was standing to her daughter.

"But we just need to ladle out the punch before the sherbet melts." Fairy Godmother says.

Jane smiles at her mom, "Mom, I have a date." She told her mom.

Fairy Godmother seemed taken back by this, "A date? Really?"

Jane nods.

It wasn't that Fairy Godmother never thought a boy at Auardon would ask out Jane, she just always assumed Jane being too shy and awkward to accept a date. 

Fairy Godmother turns to Carlos, "Do you have a date, too?" She asks.

Carlos nods and smiles, "Yeah."

Fairy Godmother smiles, "Really?"

The two teens look from Fairy Godmother to each other.

"Mom," Jane says turning back to her mother.

Fairy Godmother looks at Jane and sees her daughter holding hands with Carlos. Her eyes widen, but not with any sort of disapproval. She was shocked but in a good way.

"Bippity boppity," Fairy Godmother says, "Oh!"

Jane and Carlos exchange smiles at Fairy Godmother before parting ways. Carlos and Jane ended over next to Rachel and Jay, who were also standing next to Evie and Doug.

Lumiere then called out, "The future Lady Mal,"

The crowd erupted in clapping. Cheering was coming from the VK boys, and Evie had such a proud smile on her face seeing Mal.