20

The new VKs were brought and being settled in Auradon

The new VKs were brought and being settled in Auradon. These kids were staying at Evie's cottage. Its a cozy cottage that Evie was able to purchase by her acting realtor Doc. She had originally bought it for expanding her fashion business, but she doesn't mind allowing the next generation of VKs coming to Auradon to stay there.

Rachel hadn't met them yet. She wanted to but had a lot to do. She could have easily put off a lot of it, but really she was partly looking for an excuse to avoid Jay.

Rachel was walking by the dorms that evening and paused by Audrey's room. She heard some sniffling. It appears she's crying.

Rachel wasn't quite sure if she should do anything or not, but knew she wouldn't feel right it she left Audrey alone without checking on her.

Rachel reached out and knocked on the door.

"Audrey?" Rachel asks.

The sniffling stopped.

A few moments pasted and then Rachel was greeted by Audrey. She looked upset and sad, despite the energy she was trying to convince Rachel.

"What?" Audrey asks.

"I- I heard crying," Rachel says, "Are you okay?"

Audrey scoffs, "Oh you care about me?" She asks, "I thought I was a selfish princess."

Rachel sighs, "What I said was harsh and rude," She rubs the back of her neck, "It was uncalled for. I am sorry for that."

Rachel watched as Audrey's eyes widen for a moment. It seemed like she was about to go one eighty, but then seemingly collected whatever feelings she had.

"Well thank you for apologizing." Audrey says.

Rachel looks at her, "You know I care about you," She says lightly smiling, "We've known each other since we were in diapers."

Audrey gives a small smile.

"But- But I wish that you figure a way to stop this ugly part of you to come out. You are beautiful and smart, Audrey. You don't need to be wicked like this." She says.

"Wicked is what Ben fell for," Audrey mutters.

Rachel reaches out, "Who cares Audrey," She says, "That's in the past. Ben has moved on and you need to as well."

Audrey frowns, "Whatever."

Rachel felt Audrey pull back and step further into her room. The door was now blocking them, and Rachel only caught a glimpse in before the door shut in front of her face.

Rachel sighs.

She shakes her head and heads down the hallway.

-D3-

The next morning brought a meeting among the former rulers of the land, Fairy Godmother, the current ruler as well as his bride to be, and Rachel. They were meeting in one of the many meeting spaces available for the royals.