19

Today was the day

Today was the day. Ben was finishing getting himself ready. Today he was going to ask Mal to marry him. He looked at himself through his bedroom mirror.

"Looking good, King Ben."

Ben turns around and sees Rachel.

Rachel wore a white short sleeve shirt, a denim vest, light brown skinny jeans, and a shade darker brown boots. Her hair was down and curly.

"I thought you were going to dress up for this," Ben says.

Rachel gives him a look, "You're not proposing me to," She says, "Besides, since when do I take the pleasure in dressing up like most of the princesses here?"

Ben couldn't hold back his smile.

Rachel looks at him, "You ready?"

Ben kept his eyes on her, "Yeah."

"Nervous?" She asks.

"Totally," Ben chuckled.

Rachel stepped forward and kept eye contact, "And you're a hundred percent serious about marrying her?"

Ben nods, "Yes, yes. Rach, we've been over this." He says.

Rachel smiles, "I know. I just wanted to hear you say it." She says.

Ben lightly shoves her, "You're a jerk,"

Rachel kept her smile, "But I'm your jerk."

Ben and Rachel share a laugh together before turning to the mirror in Ben's bedroom. Next to the large mirror was a shelf that contain old photos from when Ben was younger with his parents, as well as photos with Rachel.

Rachel walked over to one photograph and picked it up.

"Who'd ever think that these little babies would grow up to be us?" She spoke.

Ben looks at the photograph in her hands. It was a photo from Rachel's sixth birthday. She was wearing a purple dress  without shoes and her hair was in braids. Ben was wearing a sweater vest, khaki pants, and dress shoes. And they had cake all over their faces.

"Your parents were so mad at the mess we made," Ben laughs looking at the photo, "I could swear I had cake in my nose for a week."

Rachel smiles softly, "I couldn't believe I went through that phase of never wearing shoes," She says.

Ben kept his smile.

Rachel placed the framed photo back on the shelf and then turned to her dear best friend of her entire life.

"I'm so happy for you, Ben." She says and then quickly embraces him.

Ben was taken back for a moment but reacts by hugging Rachel back. He had his hands resting on her back and he rest his head on top of her head.