17

Rachel found Ben pacing back and forth in his study

Rachel found Ben pacing back and forth in his study. She lurked against the door frame, grinning slightly as she watches her childhood friend panic slightly.

"Okay, okay-," Ben mutters, "Mal, I know words cannot describe how much I- no, no. That's stupid."

Ben shakes his head as he continues to pace.

"Mal-!" Ben exclaims.

Then the king shakes his head again.

Rachel covers her lips with a hand and lightly giggles, when she does that, Ben jumps a little with the mere shock of the fact he was being watched.

"Rach-!" Ben yells.

Rachel held her hands up to surrender, "Sorry I was listening in," She says, "I was looking for you. Mal and the others had left for the Isle."

Ben nods.

Rachel stepped into the room, "Are you nervous?"

Rachel watches as Ben fumbles with the box that contained a ring for Mal. Rachel's eyes dart from the box to Ben.

"What is it?" Rachel asks.

"I- I don't know what to say." Ben says placing a hand through his longer hair.

Ben has grown his hair a lot longer than Rachel has ever seen the young king have. He begins to pace again, only for Rachel grab his arm and drag him into a chair.

"You love Mal?" Rachel asks.

Ben nods, "With all my heart," He declares.

Rachel nods, "Good. Then just listen to your heart and you'll do it right." She says.

Ben looks at her, "How do you always have this wisdom for me?" He asks with a sheepish grin on his face.

Rachel grins, "I'm your best friend, Ben, and I want to see you and Mal happy." She says.

Ben stands up, placing the ring box into his pocket, and walks a little forward to look out the balcony. His gaze looks at the Isle and then to Rachel.

"I'm sorry about what happened between you and Jay," Ben says, "I really thought you two were-,"

"Like you and Mal? Like Jane and Carlos?" Rachel asks crossing her arms on her chest.

Ben frowns.

She shakes her head, "It's fine. We've discussed things." She says, "I'm just glad we both agreed that we were more trouble together."

Ben takes a step forward towards his friend, "You will find your happily ever after, Rach, even if I have to set you up."

Rachel points at him, "No. I refuse to go on a blind date with one of the ideal guys you think I'd be perfect with." She says.

Ben couldn't help but chuckle but placed a hand on Rachel's shoulder. She looks at Ben with a small smile on her face.

"Sing to her," Rachel says, "Sing to Mal."