Chapter 47

Continuing from last chapter

I marched straight back to parts and service. I didn't see Bonnie in the protective cylinder anymore so I checked the mini room where I built him and yep, there he was. I walked up to him, grabbed his face and sternly looked at it. "Im going to make you power on whether you want to or not." I try to state angrily but you can hear the stinging of hurt seep through. I sigh and sit at my desk, going over everything to see if I did some things wrong.

I tried adjusting different things inside his chest cavity so let's see if that works. Or what if I got the wrong chip for him? No otherwise it wouldn't have fit. I sigh, throwing my gloves on the table and pressing his power button again. I closed my eyes and crossed my fingers as I waited to hear gears grind together and Bonnie's sweet voice talk to me again. But after a few moments, nothing made a sound. I opened my eyes to see him still powered off. I slammed my hands on the table in anger. "What am I doing wrong?!" I scream to myself. I hold in my tears as I do some research and keep working.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been days. Days of nothing, no progress. I've tried everything and according to other mechanics I built him perfectly! I don't know what could be going on and it's honestly heartbreaking. I haven't slept. I'm tired of course but hey I'm not surviving off coffee or sundrops so I guess that's okay. Everyone tried coming to check up on me but I locked the door. I don't wanna see anyone or be by anyone until I'm done. The only people I'll talk to is Gregory and Elizabeth and of course they tried to get Bella to talk to me. I talked to her but avoided everything about Bonnie. She brings me some food every now and then and I would eat some of it but I can't eat with the sickly feeling that's in my stomach 24/7. It's not that I'm sick it's just the disappointment and guilt making home there. I can't take it anymore I've tried everything.

I huff as I try to run a few more system checks. I had my door open this time because I had to have the cords from the protective cylinder to run system checks and I don't want anyone to keep moving Bonnie back and forth. I'm just hoping no one comes down here to talk to me while the door is open, I don't need a stupid pep talk when I'm working on something important.

I was almost done and was about to put the cords back when I hear footsteps approaching. I quickly shove the cords back but as soon as I turn around, Monty is standing in front of me. I look down, not wanting to meet his eyes. "Hi." I say lowly. "She finally speaks." He jokes but I'm not in the mood, I huff and try to push past him but he grabs my arm, making me stop. "You doing okay?" Monty asks with concern in his voice. "Yeah I'm fine, don't worry." I quickly answer. "How about you come out and come chill with us for a minute? Or just me if you want, ya know my room is dark and comforting just the way you like it when you're having a rough day." He suggests but I shake my head, still turned away from him. "Thanks but no, I need to work on Bon." I protest. "Ya need to rest sweets. Take a break before you lose all sanity." He pleads making me snap. "I said NO!" I angrily shouted taking Monty by surprise. I look away embarrassed and shameful that I yelled at my friend but I can't hold it in anymore. "Doll..." "No. I need him back. I just need to put in more work and effort." I tried to hold it together but before he can even speak I turn to him with big teary eyes, ready to break down. "I want him back Monty. I want him back!" I start to sob. Monty gently pulls my arm towards him, turning me back to face him and he brings me into a soft but tight hug.

I wrap my arms around his middle and he wraps his around my shoulders. "We all want him back y/n. It just takes time." Monty spoke lowly, letting me cry on his chest. "I'm so sorry...I'm sorry I couldn't fix him. I don't know what I'm doing wrong." I whisper and hiccup through my cries. Monty starts petting my hair, trying his best to calm me down. "This isn't your fault short stack. Trust me, it isn't. You did everything correctly, he's just taking his time coming back." Monty says back. "Why though? Why is he taking his time? Does he not want to come back?" I question out of insecurity. "No no, that's not it. He wants to come back it just takes time. He doesn't have control over that." Monty unwraps my arms from around his torso so he can bend down to my level. He wraps my arms back around his neck so I can hug him better and vise versa. "Thank you." I whisper to him, sniffling. "Anytime sweets. Now how bout a break?" He suggests again. "No Monty I'm fine." I refuse but his hold on me tightens. "Oh well, too late. First mistake; trusting me to hug you like this cause then I can just do this." Monty lifts me up, us still being in a hug position. "Traitor! Put me down!" I shout and struggle to get out of his grip.