Ch 2: The Morning After

I'll be trying out the POV thing. Hope you guys enjoy :)

Garrett Ryan's Nad.

++++++++++

Ciara's POV:

I tend to be rather late, say around five minutes before the bell rings. Almost everyone in the class gets there early.

I was, of course, surprised when Kennedy greeted me good morning. I didn't really think he'd maintain any kind of relationship with me.

Of course, I had to say something back.

"Good morning," I replied quietly, casting my eyes down quickly.

He then started talking about someone and how they did this and that.

I was shocked.  I mean, I'm Ciara and I don't talk much.

That's just how I am and everyone knows that, so why is he talking to me?

"... insulted her so she got so mad. She got her bag. I so thought she was leaving. But no. She did not. She hit him on the head. Lol. See?" he said, grinning.

I turned around in the direction he was pointing at.

Nad was sitting on the floor. His face looked so shocked that I started laughing.

The entire left part of his face had this huge embedded flower mark. How was that even possible?That must've hurt a lot.

His mouth hung open as he stared at Selene who in turn was glaring at him. His eyes widened so much they actually looked like frog's eyes. If that's even possible. His ears were tomato red.

I was tearing up by then. It was one of those moments you had to see to find funny.

He still wasn't talking. It was odd. He was just staring up at her.

I'm laughing too much.

Someone cleared his throat, and my eyes reflexively sought the source.

Waking up from his trance, Nad mumbled to Selene, "Sorry."

I turned around to a grinning Kennedy. "Now that turned out well," he smiled.

"Nad getting hit? Hilarious, but that probably hurt," I remarked, still rather amused.

"Nope," he replied.

"What did then?" I asked, surprised.

"You smiled. You're always sitting down, reading. I don't see you talk to people. You never participate in groups. You don't really share opinions. See, the whole point of telling you that was kind of to see what your reaction would be. I really thought you would just look then shrug it off and read. It turned out quite differently. I now conclude you are not a robot."

Whoa. Whoa. Easy.

While he was saying that I just stared at him. When he finished with the word robot, I was really surprised.

A robot?! I certainly didn't act mechanically, did I? The surprise must've shown on my face because he quickly repeated, "Not a robot!" holding his hands up.

Not being a verbose person, I only shook my head in embarrassment.

"What?" he curiously asked. "I'm observant?" he said cockily.

I blinked then nodded hesitantly.

"Nahh. You're just different," he shrugged, continuing the conversation although I was being pretty silent.