Ch 22: Hong Kong Day 1

Dedicated: wolflover1213 I realized I have a couple more people to dedicate chapters to so all the more I've got to write faster :3

Sooo. I've never been to HK. If you find something wrong with what I wrote, tell me! I had to research so much for this chapter... and the next few ones. Probably why I'm taking so long. That and the fact that I'm busy with a lot of stuff. Hope you enjoy although I think it'll be kind of a drag since I packed so much in their supposed itinerary. Haha. I'll try to cut the details though.

The last chapter is sad from what I remember so I want Ciara to be happy this time ;)

++++++++++

Aunt May told me Hong Kong was the shopping capital of Asia. I've never been to HK, so I only had her word for my imagination. What I saw wasn't what I expected. I mean, no one ever tells you about the airport when they tour, right?

We had already landed and were exiting the aircraft.

The sun was just coming up, so it was a bit dim. Ahead, the airport had glass windows that were reflecting the sun's warm glow. The feeling was indescribably... peaceful. I just knew I was going to have a great time here.

We entered the airport and I was more convinced that the trip would be perfect. The sun's warm rays were entering the window. The lights were on overhead, muting the pale orange beams. Even with that, the interior was welcoming and well-lit.

I have three days of bliss ahead of me. I'm promising myself to forget everything else about my life.

At least while I'm in Hong Kong.

[]

Nan thought it best to leave our bags in a hotel. Asking for the nearest one, we were told that there was one connected to the airport. Excited as I was, I forced them both to just pick that, so we could start touring.

I was sleepless last night for reasons unknown to me. Having nothing to do, I researched Hong Kong since we'd be there the next day.

I was overloaded by information. There were so many attractions, and most looked beautiful. So I started listing down places.

I wish I could've thought of doing this sooner. You can't tour a country in three days! That point realized, I created a schedule. I'm OC, I know.

We hadn't gotten a reservation yet, so upon arriving at the hotel, we went to the concierge desk to book some rooms.

"Each can have their own room, that's fine!" I exclaimed.

Nan wasn't having any of it. "We're spending too much!"

"Three rooms?! One for me, one for you, and another for George?" I asked exasperatedly.

We had been causing quite a scene for a little while now. The concierge, at  least, seemed quite calm. At least I think so. He didn't try to interrupt us. Maybe he was afraid to disturb?

It all started out with the Superior Room being the smallest the hotel had. I was set on sleeping in a room alone no matter what either of the two said.

There was no problem. It started going wrong when I asked for three adjoining rooms.

I didn't think there would be any complications, so I was more than surprised when Nan slapped her hand on the counter near me. "What do you mean three rooms?"

"For each of us," I answered.

"Why, pray tell?" she started hissing.

I looked at her weirdly. "I can't very well put both of you in the same room."