Ch 17: Hospitalised

Wait lemme check the previous part.

++++++++++

Tomorrow's the last day of our exams. I let out a contented sigh, feeling much more energetic now that I only have one more subject to study for.

"Bye, Ciara!" someone called out.

I turned around to see Nad grinning at me. I waved back, a grin tugging at my lips. I turned and walked out the door. After a moment, I felt someone step beside me.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Kennedy asked.

"Soc Sci's one of the hardest subjects for me!" I whined. "It's a good thing it's the last one," I smiled.

"I like Soc. Sci. I seriously don't get why others don't."

"You're good at it," I rolled my eyes.

"Aren't you?"

"Me? Soc Sci? Really," I replied sarcastically.

"You got 94 in the subject last quarter. I was only three points higher," he shook his head. "How is that not good?"

"Three points is a lot. It-"

I was cut off by an arm hooking itself around my elbow. Not even a second after, I was yanked forward by a certain someone named Mau.

"You can't have her, cuz!" She shouted to Kennedy.

I chuckled.

And stopped.

Mau was looking at me with the I-know-you-like-him expression. Oh no.

My expression must've told her something since she giggled. "Don't worry. It's a secret."

[In the car]

I haven't confirmed it though. I mentally sighed. She can't possibly just assume.

I was kind of dreading the situation.

George's phone suddenly rang. I met his gaze at the mirror, wondering why he was looking at me.

"Ciara, we're going to the hospital," he said calmly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Your father."

My father? Did something happen? I muttered softly, "Okay." Everything's all right. I hope.

[Hospital]

We soon arrived. George asked me if I wanted to be dropped off at the entrance, but I asked him to park properly instead. His eyes lingered on me longer than they should have, but he followed.

We went in and asked for my father.

We were told to wait in the waiting room since diagnostic tests were still being performed. George asked for more information, but the lady didn't have much to say.

I suddenly asked her what time he came in.

She responded, "10:41 am."

"Thanks," I remember replying.

George and I proceeded to the waiting room. We saw my father's executive secretary there. We learned what happened from him.

I nodded to him while George gave a slight bow. I've seen him several times. Mostly during business dinners, and a couple of corporate meetings.

George quickly got down to business, for which I was thankful. I wasn't up to speaking right at the moment. He asked, "What happened?"

"There was an accident. It seems that a truck was speeding to beat the traffic ligh, and hit the car's bumper, causing the car to spin. The impact caused the glass to break. The traffic enforcer called for an ambulance and the first speed dial. I got the call and came. We're currently waiting for the results of the diagnostic test."