Ch 24: Hong Kong Day 3

Dedicated to: Louri_

I last updated on Dec. 29, 2013. It's March and I now have 2,003 reads. Unbelievable. I never thought I'd get to a thousand. THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH. Okayyy soo I'm sorry I update slowly (kind of like after several months lol).

++++++++++

Yesterday had been pretty tiring, so I thought of having a laid-back time today. Looking at the foliage around me, I thought I did a pretty good job.

Nan, George, and I were currently strolling on a stone pathway through Hong Kong Park. The place was quiet and lovely. I was surrounded by a peaceful green, the trickling sound of water, and the tweeting of birds. High above me rose skyscrapers and the azure sky.

The three of us were quiet. I didn't know what they were thinking about, but I was reminiscing yesterday's events.

I never thought I would meet a friendly face in another country. A friendly face, huh. Thinking about it, it hasn't been that long, but I've finally made some friends. Time will tell if they'll stay by my side, but for now, I was happy.

I was downright happy. Yes, projects took time and utterly drained you... but I never would've gotten to know Ken, Nad, and Mau if it weren't for that.

I wouldn't trade that for the world. Yeah, I was never into group work, but this one time proved me wrong. There are people out there who don't only think about themselves but also look out for others.

Too preoccupied with my thoughts, I suddenly bumped into George.

He looked back and smirked. "Where are your eyes, Cha?"

I rolled my eyes. "Evidently, on my head. You were just too small to be seen."

He scoffed, offended. "That wasn't so nice."

I blinked at him cheekily. "Sorry?"

He grinned. "So where to next?"

I looked around confused. The walk had passed by in seemingly a mere few minutes, and we were now approaching the exit.

Well. Time does fly.

"Is the male ready for some girl bonding time?" I asked slyly.

Nan chuckled at George's frown. George asked, "Are you doubting my gender?"

Nan remarked, "Oh please, George. Cha, where to?"

"Taxi, please. You'll find out once we get in." I grinned.

Not so discreetly, George sighed.

I laughed to myself.

[]

"Hong Kong Pacific Place Mall, Miss," the taxi driver said.

I was never much of a shopper but maybe that was just my lack of maturity. I was, after all, only _ years old.

Two shopping bags later, I was ready to get out of the mall.

George, however, took much longer than I did.

Nan and I were busy searching the arcade's nooks and crannies for any sign of reddish hair. George had ditched us at one point when we passed by an arcade. We didn't mind all too much, so Nan and I merrily went on our way down the hall.

This, apparently, was a wrong move for George was nowhere to be found.

I turned around and ran smack into someone's hands. They steadied me, and I looked up.

"Aw, I wanted to surprise you!" George pouted.

I pursed my lips, rolling my eyes. "Yes, because I want to get a heart attack."