Ch 4: More on Kennedy

++++++++++

Ciara's POV:

"... to group you guys into four. You four together," the teacher points to the foursome near me. I flinched. I had spaced out a little back then. I really should be getting more sleep.

"You okay?" Kennedy asks.

Oh. I forgot he was there. Pathetic.

I nod, giving him a slight smile. He kept staring though. 

"You're not sick, are you? Ciara, you look... pale right now. A little listless as well."

I was about to nod but the teacher suddenly pointed to me. "You, you, and you. There will be only three members in this group due to the uneven number of students."

I turned to see who she was pointing at. For my group, apparently, I was having Nad and Kennedy with me.

"You'll be the only girl, I see," Nad smirks.

I held back from rolling my eyes. That would be very unladylike. Not that that would have stopped me. Who does he think he is? And being that conscious of gender is immature. He--

I was snapped from my train of thought as Kennedy started speaking. "I think it's awesome I'm grouped with her," he quips excitedly. "Don't you think so?" he turns to me, eyes twinkling.

"Pardon?"

"No, I mean that this will be a fun group! Yeah! That! T-That's what I meant!" he amended, flushing.

Cute haha. Never thought Kennedy would blush. He never really seemed to be flustered much by things.

My lack of reply must have seemed to have told him I was confused. "Well, coz I asked you if it would be amazing to work with you. Like, asking if you working with yourself and...."

He slapped a hand to his forehead.

"I think it would be nice working with you guys too," I said quietly.

And I was not lying. I really do think I won't be doing everything this time. With the exception of Nad of course, whom I think will probably slack off a bit. I should be satisfied with that.

"Looking forward to it, aren't we?" Nad teased, grinning.

I frowned.

Can't I look forward to some kind of groupwork where I won't do everything? That's what's wrong with large groups. People don't necessarily participate. Some don't actually even care so those who DO care about their grades end up doing it all. Not a good feeling I tell you. It's so hard to get all members to participate.

Ugh. My head hurts. Wait. Nad's eyes just widened. That should have warned me for what was coming next. "You don't have a crush on me, do you?"

I stared at him. Where did that come from?

"Do you have a headache?" Kennedy asks.

Uh what?

"Did you sleep last night?"

I shook my head, wondering how he could've guessed all that. Not much anyway.

"Well, it doesn't show through your face. No eye bags and all; it's just that you just really seem so lethargic."

"Really?" I wondered aloud, studying him. "Aren't I always?"

Wasn't I being my usual self? You know, boring and quiet?

But what he said was true though. I hadn't slept properly. Lucio "Luke" Darien Gregor had kept me up a bit late last night, and afterwards I just couldn't sleep.