Ch 13: Insomnia

Total filler!!! Skip it if you want. I probably won't be publishing chapters anytime soon so they'll be coming in groups. If you hate fillers, SKIP!

I warned you.

Dedicated to DenizKlc5

++++++++++

[Same park night, only, it's 3 am]

I can't sleep.

I want to go out. Again. I don't even know why I won't.

It's kind of cold right now. As I look around my dimly lit room, I spy the things I've grown up with.

I can see the edges of my study table, as well as the books and dictionaries on the shelves above it. I also see several stuff toys I've received. I placed them between books, my own personal book ends. I've never been a stuff toy person nor a pillow one hence I've never slept with any of either. Call me weird, I just don't. My gaze travels downward to the plush chair pushed back against the desk. It's perfect, I don't sink in, but it's soft. The love seat standing alone in the corner is of black synthetic leather. I've never liked leather either. There's a window seat on the other side and it's topped with polished black marble. A circular glass table stands in the center of the room. I placed tiny square pillows around it to sit on. All in all, the table and the pillow sit on a large oriental rug. The reds, browns, auburns, and caramels give off visual warmth.

I bought it when we stopped over at India for my father's conference. It was the only thing I bought there. I still remember what made me buy it. It was a big thing displayed on a street stand. It's also heavy, so I didn't welcome the hassle of the additional weight. I was intrigued by the curlicues, however, and stepped forward for a closer look. One particularly intricate strand ended in a corner. I looked closer. In gold bronze threaded embroidery, I read the words 'Home Sweet Home'. In an instant, I changed my mind and haggled with the street vendor for a cheaper price.

The digital clock above my bedside table says 3:56 am.

One last thought finally enters my mind before a comforting darkness smothers me.

What's going to happen tomorrow?

+++++

I'm getting up. It's really wet here in the field. I don't want to ignore it anymore. I've probably been here for an hour and a half.