Ch 14: Appointments and Unexpected Turns

I'm in the field again. The only difference is that it's lunch time and the sun's beating down on me. AND I'm out walking XD. I miss this you know? Me, alone, thinking and happy... well, content would be a better word. It's just rush all the time now. Classes the whole day and going from classroom to classroom makes me tired.

Anyways, enough of my ranting, I wanna get this story going :3

++++++++++

Driving through the streets now, it doesn't seem so bad that I'm potentially spilling everything or nothing out later. You can't just tell a part of a story without telling everything. If I'll tell him, I want him to know everything so he understands. It's kind of one of my principles. I don't even know how I got it.

We soon arrived. The building's dreary. It's all white. White's clean and normally it's calming to me but right now, I don't know what's going to happen. I don't want anyone to know what I feel. I know there is a choice to say something or the opposite, but if I want to start healing....

White walls. White waiting chairs. White concierge desk. They really need an interior designer. At least not all are wearing white. Reminds me of paint splashed on a blank canvas.

Places like this remind me of hospitals. There's actually one in walking distance nearby.

George walks up to a female in a neon yellow shirt. I SHOULD be thankful for the color, but it's BLINDING! Don't blame me. Seriously, imagine neon with white. Creepy. For me, at least.

George comes back, "3rd floor, first door to the right when we get out of the elevator."

I get up from the chair and walk beside George. His presence is comforting, but I can't ignore the fact that he's going to leave me alone with Dr. Hendrick.

George accords me the space I need. It's both a blessing and a curse since sometimes the pain is really hard to bear. Why don't I just tell him?

I don't want to. I don't really feel like it.

Dr. Hendrick's new office is better than I expected. The last one was a bit tiny. I don't like small spaces.

He's all right though, a friendly person. Open as well. He doesn't push me to tell anything either. We just do stuff, maybe go to some place or so. He could be some sort of uncle to me.

What I'm seeing right now is comfortable and spacious. It's not white! I kind of expected it to be since there seemed to be some kind of code thing about white being the decor and maybe everything else as well.

There is a waiting room. Doc's secretary told me to come in, but I told her I needed to think. She was really accommodating though and offered me a choice of hot chocolate or coffee. I got the hot chocolate.

"At what time will the next client be coming?" I asked.

"You're the only one today. George booked the whole day for you," she smiled.

I just stared at her. "Sorry, what was that?"

"There's no other customer today."

I looked around for George, but he had already left. I sighed. Never mind.

I thanked her when I received the hot choco and settled down on the couch to think. I didn't want to go in. I didn't want to see anyone. I wasn't down but I needed to think.

Do I really have a crush on him? Sometimes I don't know he's there. But there also are the times when my heart jumps when he suddenly talks to me.

It's weird, you know? He's a real friend. Someone who gets concerned about me if something happens. It's going to hurt if he rejects me.... I'll probably start avoiding him. I can't rely on Nad not treating me differently either. Mau... we're not close although she acts like it.