Ch 23: Hong Kong Day 2

Decicated: bemTIN

The surprise. I hope you like it. No, you should LOVE it ;)

++++++++++

I slowly drifted into consciousness. The cold was biting my shoulders. The air conditioning seemed to be blasting out frost.

I opened my eyes, dragging the sheets and the comforter over my neck. I wasn't sure what time it was. I don't even know if there's a clock here somewhere.

Now that I was warmer, I curled onto my side, placing my hands under the pillow. I simply wanted to be lazy right now.

No, wait. We're supposed to go hiking! That won't end so well in the heat of the day.

I quickly stumbled out of the blankets and looked for the bathroom. Which door is it? There was one slightly open one to my left.

I padded over to the door and knocked. There was nothing in reply, so I hesitantly pushed the door open.

Thank goodness, it's the right place. I don't want to disturb George or Nan.

I spotted my bags in the corner in front of a closet and prepared to take a bath.

[]

Once I went out, Nan and George were bustling around. Apparently, they were making my room "worth living in".

The bed was made, the blinds were open, and there was music playing. I'm not sure if it was a CD player or a radio.

"What's up for the day?" Nan asked.

"Hiking this morning, but we gotta eat first. Are you both done getting ready?"

Both gave me duh looks, causing me to raise my hands up in defense.

"Just asking."

We headed down the hall and stopped in front of the elevator. It had stopped at the 6th floor and had quite a bit more to go before reaching us.

The doors opened and we entered. Just as the doors were closing, a hand slammed on the half-closed doors.

My eyes widened in alarm, but George reacted faster. He hit the open doors button.

"Thank you, si--Ciara?" the boy exclaimed, eyes wide.

"You know each other?" Nan asked curiously.

"He's... a friend," I replied, glancing back at Nad.

He looked just as astounded as Nan, if not more.

"What brings you to Hong Kong?" I asked him.

"I should be asking you that!" he retorted, leaning back against the wall.

"So?" I prompted.

"Vacation," he shrugged. "You?"

"Same," I grinned. "Who with?"

"Parents."

"Where are they?"

"Sleeping."

"And you're here right now because?" I looked at him weirdly.

"Hungry. You're talking too much right now." He glanced at his watch. "It's only 7 in the morning!"

"Morning person," I grinned at him while shrugging.

"Same although I sleep in sometimes," he scratched his head ruefully.

"Well, your parents are bed people. Don't you feel good about yourself?"