Chapter 30🦋

January 25, 1996...

Ken Was Out Of Town On Tour And I Miss Him Like Hell. Raising The Girls Alone Is HARD. Well, Mainly Lina, Yarie And Lyla, Alicia Talking About They Gonna Drive Yanna Crazy; Hell They Driving Me Crazy Too. Anyways I Had Just Took Them To School. I Took A Shower And Put On A Red Silk Nightgown And Robe. I Put On My Red House Shoes And Walked Downstairs. I Turned On The TV And Seen Judge Joe Brown On. I Was Headed To The Kitchen When Someone Knocked On The Door.

"Just A Second!" I Yelled.

I Walked To The Door And Opened It.

"Mom, Thank God You're Here." I Hugged Her.

"Well, I Had To Rush. You Called Every 2 Minutes Asking If I Left Yet." She Reminded.

"Mom I Need Some Help Around Here." I Whined.

"Okay, Just Let Me Get Some Sleep." She Said.

"Do You Want Some Breakfast?" I Offered.

"No, Just Some Sleep."

She Walked Upstairs And I Went Into The Kitchen.

Later....

I Laid In Bed On The Phone With Ken. I Was Taking A Nap When He Called So I Been Mostly Quiet These Past 20 Minutes.

"You Need To Hurry Up And Come Home. Kenlina, Kenyarie And Kenlyla Has Been Working Some Nerves. Me And Kenyanna Are 2 Seconds Away From Jumping Off A Roof." I Sighed.

"I'll Be Home Soon Baby. But I Finna Get A Shower And Something To Eat, I'll Call You Tonight. I Love You."

"I Love You Too." I Hung Up.

I Looked At The Time And Got Dressed. I Put On A White Crop Top, Baggy Pants, Heels And My Oversized Letterman Jacket From College. I Grabbed Keys, Phone And Purse Leaving Out The Room. I Hummed Pretty Girl By Jon B. To Myself As I Walked To The End Of The Hall, To The Guest Suite. There's A Kitchen, Living Room, A Bedroom With A King Sized Bed, 2 Bathrooms, Basically It Was Nice Size Apartment. I Knocked And Walked In. I Went Down The Stairs And Turned The Corner Leading Me To The Kitchen. There Was Groceries And Everything Here That She Would Need. I Looked At The Lemonade On The Table And Poured Myself A Glass. I Took A Sip And Nodded.

I Walked Into The Living Room And Seen Mama Watching In The Heat Of The Night.

"Mom, You Wanna Do Me A Favor?" I Smiled.

"No." She Said.

"Go Get Your Granddaughters From School For Me." I Batted My Eyes.

"Of Course." She Smiled.

"Really?"

"No." She Dropped Her Smile.

"Well, At Least Ride With Me." I Sighed.

"Ughhhh, Fine." She Stood Up.

We Left The House And Headed To Get The Girls.

40 Minutes Later...