²⁰Floor of death

Two months had passed for the train to arrive at the 42nd floor. All they had to do now was, wait for bam to finish his training, complete the test of floor 42 and regroup and reunite with their fellow companion on the 43rd floor.

The floor of death.

Sachi and his team were trying to persuade Hockney in teaming up with them.

"I'm afraid it's not possible. I'm only going back to find one thing. And that is my heritage to Hwaya."

Sachi poured but said "thats too bad..."

"I warn you. All loving things that enter the floor of death inevitably die. You'll feel as if your soul is being sucked away and drowned in darkness."

"You sound as if you know about it a lot Hockney."

"Well, how to put it.... I used to live there."

"What?! You used to live on the floor of death?!"

"Yes, I assure you that entering it will not be easy even for you Sachi, visitors to the floor of death from the outside all end up being food for the guardian beasts that guard the entrances."

"B-beasts?!"

"Well there more like monsters. They devour pretty much everything and everyone that tries to enter the floor of death. Only the clan of red Witches know how to temporarily tame them."
Hockney added
"Best you give up going to the floor of death. It's in the name after all, all visitors eventually die."

——

Bam had met up with Khun and the rest of his team as the train was finally closing in on the floor of death.

'Strange. My hearts pounding, I feel as if I'm heading somewhere i absolutely have to go to' bam thought 'is it because of Noona?'

——

The sudden night ragged on for a month. And the regulars finally got a chance of rest.

This is an announcement to all regulars of the train. We've arrived at the floor of death.

This was it. They were finally making a move. To the floor of death.

Khun mumbled
"So this is the floor of tests... it's as terrifying as the rumours say. Can't believe Ianna lives here."

Hwaryun suddenly made her appearance.
"We've arrived, unfortunately your Ianna won't be joining you this instant but I'm taking you there to meet up with her. So get your stuff and let's move as quickly as possible."

She turned around but then quickly added

"Oh and since there isn't a station or rope, we're jumping off."

Excuse me?!

"What do you mean Jump Off? There's nothing over there." Khun replied to her.

"It's not that there's nothing there, you guys just haven't seen the real floor of death yet."

"Huh? You mean like a hallucination?"

Hwaryun replied again "no. It's like leather, the red liquid you saw is the corpse and blood of the administrator killed by Enryu, the irregular. The real floor of death is covered by the body. You'll see the real floor of death when we go inside the corpse. From now on, I suggest you don't believe only with what you see with your eyes, this place is hostile to the living."

——

Hwaryun relayed the information to the others of the team.

"What?! We're jumping off?! Are you out of your mind?! We're guaranteed to die if we do!"