²⁷crystal past

A month had passed by in a flash with Eduan training Bam day and night with breaks from time to time so Eduan could catch up with Hwaya.

And while Bam was training with the young data of the Khun family head, Hwaya took on the role of training the regulars to push past their limits and become stronger than ever.

But one thing that stuck with Hwaya was when Khun refused to learn how to use the ice spear.

"Khun, why don't you try it out and think of it as an extra talent to add to your resume when you apply to be a soldier for Maria's army...?" Hwaya said with sarcasm and threats laced in her voice.

End of discussion, Khun took up the spear.

Hwaya hadn't forgotten what her true talent in shinsu was. As she clicked the button, she saw something she never thought she'd see about the girl of the body she occupied.

"Ah... so you used a rapier as well...?" Hwaya mumbled as the glowing sword in front of her shined red with a glitching image of a red baang next to it.

Hwaya smiled in remembering past memories of using her rapier with her companions next to her.

She'd forgotten about her most important Commandment that she had to collect on this floor.

Her ultimate weapon, the ruby of Atropos.

Atropos, the very first guide that was the start of those who now carry the eye of seeing the future.

And Hwaya was from the direct bloodline that carried her blood. Inbreeding was something common back then so her blood was almost as pure as could be. 

Her mother once possessed the ruby of Atropos and it was said to have been the one thing that Atropos had treasured even when she knew of the pain of death.

When the ruby came into the possession of Hwaya's mother, it changed into the form of a knife. As if it was second nature to her, Hwaya's mother slit her own throat the moment it's ruby like surface changed into a shining knife that reflected her own reflection into her dreary red eyes.

And a young five year old Hwaya stood emotionless while seeing her mother slitting her own throat.

Many guides know of this tale, as it was passed on and told to every generation to come as the tale of the one who defied fate.

Hwaya's mother, Delphiana, killed herself at the age of 812.

Cause of death: Suicide

Daughter was taken under the care of the biological grandmother. Amakura.

When Hwaya came of age, she was given the same ruby her mother had received.

"Take good care of it. Hwaya."

The red glowing ruby shone bright within the dark caves of the village.

Hwaya's hands couldn't help but tremble when the ruby changed forms into a long sword of shining surface that reflected her own reflection.

As the young girl peered into the red crystal surface of the blade, she saw her own grown selfless reflection within the blade and finally realised that she had grown from her mothers death.

It was never her fault. And she'd be fine knowing that. The grown guide mastered the rapier and quickly came to be known as the scarlet witch.

The word witch could be used to describe Hwaya back when she was young, but now that she had grown and learned to love, she was no longer a cold hearted witch, perhaps the word guide suited her even more now.