²³A too familiar face

Ianna ran as fast as she could to the spirit room, thank goodness it was only a hallway away!

As she entered the spirit room to find a way too familiar face that reminded her of a lifetime promise that led her start on this journey.

An Arie. A really foolish one in Ianna's opinion.

She watched as the million souls of the residents of the floor of death were devoured by the power hungry Arie.

"How long has it been since I've felt such satisfaction!"

"Return those souls right this instant, Son of Arie."

White and Katana's head turned to face the unfamiliar voice.

"Who?"

"I am Ianna Maehwa. A regular who demands you return those soul you stole just now."

"HA! YOU THINK- hold on. What did you say your name was?"

"Ianna Maehwa."

"Oh! So your that annoying irregulars friend! Well lucky me! Because now I get to kill you!"

"Hold it Son of Arie."

"WOULD YOU STOP CALLING ME THAT!"

"... those souls you stole. Return them, souls are dangerous things. Even for people who know how to control them. And Arie kids are never good at sorcery. I'm betting the only reason your able to devour these souls were because of a magic book huh?"

"YOU!"

White's hand stretched out to tear through Ianna but was stopped by his own memories.

"Who's that lady that father hangs portrait everywhere in the garden?"

"Dunno. My mom says it's the woman Dad loved the most."

"Bet she was a whore for power like xirenia's mom."

"I dunno. I think she's really pretty. I mean just look at that red hair and those pretty red eyes! Aren't they mesmerising?"

"Are you going crazy white?"

"Haha! Maybe fathers woman went crazy like Forzentu's mom did!"

"Shhhh! What if someone hears you fori!"

"Oh please sister."

"You. Your pictures were hung up by my father in his garden. Who are you!" White shouted in anger.

"I owe my life to him. More than once."

Then the most unexpected thing happened. Whites lips touched something unexpected.

Ianna was kissing White.

As the red head pulled her head away, from her mouth, the wisps of the souls from the stolen spirit room returned to their original owners, white's eyes widened in surprise when he finally figured out what was going on.

"YOU! What have you done now!"

"I told you didn't I? The alchemy of souls isn't an easy subject, especially for a son of Arie. But to me, the creator of the art. It's pure play."

With one last suddenkiss from Ianna, she tried her best to pull out the stolen souls from White. But was stopped with White pushing her away.

Ianna fell to the floor from exhaustion from pulling out the souls that were stolen by White. Barely conscious, she breathed out the souls she stole back from white as they returned to their owners. She smiled in victory when she realised she'd pulled out at least 1/4 of the souls he'd kept. Then She fell into darkness.

——

Urek, Yuri and Bam made their way to the spirit room to find the unmoving body of De Jah. Luckily, Urek saw Ianna's unconscious pale body on the floor and quickly took her to safety with a worried princess and irregular right behind him.

On their way to the train, Ianna awoke to the familiar presence that she'd felt too many time in this lifetime.

"Gustang... s'that you?" Ianna breathed out.

An annoying voice as old as time relied steadily with a tiny of anger "yes. You silly brat. Throwing yourself into danger again, what would I tell Arie if you went and died?"

"Ha... tell him to wait another million years?"

"As if I'd be the one breaking that news to him."

"Huh? If your over there then who's carrying...

Ianna turned her head up to face the familiar face she saw on screen.

"So you finally noticed me Beauty?" Urek smirked and asked.

"Ah. Your as weird as the rumours say." Ianna retorted.

"Ah..."

"But what happened to White?" Ianna asked tiredly

——

"I never knew they teach you how to be a thief in the Arie family." Gustang said with a blank face as he conversed with White.

"Just like how they steal hearts..." he mumbled.

"WHAT?"

"Well it looks like you've already paid the price for theft... well, I won't stop you, you can go outside on your own accord."

As white tried to leave, he was thrown back by an unknown force.

Gustang explained about the curse that restricted the souls to leave.

"Because of your inferiority toward your father, now you've gotten yourself trapped in a torment which you can never escape from."

"Shut up!"

"Even though that sword stands in a place where no one can reach"

"Well, it's time you give it back now."

——

"No need to worry! Gustang ole man took care of that Arie in no time! Hehe! The dude forgot that there's a curse that forbids the souls from leaving!" Urek replied.

"Oh... right! There's that dumb curse! ...hold up! That means I kissed him for nothing?!"

"Sorry back up!" Yuri interrupted. "YOU WHAT!!"

"Well I tried to save a few souls by getting them out of White through contact and it was the only way to get him by surprise. So I kissed him..."

"...." Gustang stared at Ianna with a look of disappointment and worry.

"Idiot."

"Ah! Noona! Your awake!"

"Black Lamb! Oh finally! It's been so long since I've seen your face, come over here!" Ianna waved her hands, which hit Urek's face since he was still holding her and they were still in mid air.

A family head, an irregular, a princess and a guide.

What a... fantastic combination...

"Son of Arlene, it's wonderful that we're finally meeting in person. I've been waiting for you."

Ianna threw him a shady look as the two asked for some privacy.

'How could he! Whatever concerns black lamb also concerns me!'

"Are you feeling alright now baby?" Urek asked.

"Haha... I'm feeling great.... You can set me down next to the blueberry." Ianna said with a weak smile.

He did so with a blinding smile and Ianna waved goodbye awkward as the irregular made his way to Yuri.

A red beverage was shoved in her face as she turned her head to face Khun.

"OH! KHUNNNN!! Your my favourite regular ever!!!"

"Since when was I not?" Khun asked.

"What did I say? Did you hear anything Sachi? Because I didn't."

Ianna drank her fill of coke and remembered something important.

'Oh right!'