A Thanksgiving Kiss for Them

A week or two passes. The texting non-stop.

Now it's Thanksgiving. The feast to be held at her cousins' home. Friends and family are all invited. He's included in the list.

But mother and father became strict church go-ers. So who knows if she will come? No one.

Church stared at 6 and ends at 9 ish but will the festivities end by then? She worries that they would pass each other. It seem like fate was always against her.

Luckily her family headed to her Aunt's home after church. Late yes but there was a chance; slim.

Once they arrived, Everyone split into groups. The grownups off is in the kitchen. The offspring hanging in the back porch.

She came into view. The glass door; she could see him! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh love is in the air.

Her family spilts up, her and her sister meet the offspring outside, her parents go in the kitchen with the rest of the grownups.

What's the plan this time? Lol well a kiss of course!

Truth and dare comes into play. His brother goes to her cousin and whispers the Plan. They agree everyone in cahoots!

" I dare Him to kiss her" said her cousin and now things are set in motion. They so shy, but everyone pushing them together until she is in front of him, his arms around her waist.
He is so warm.
Music plays, ' Un beso' from Romero Santos is on. Album; God's project.

She looks down. She know herself, the red creeping into her face. Practice her breathing, trying to be steady. She knows he won't, he's like her, this wasn't the moment they wanted but the sparks were there, hard to ignore.

She didn't know what to do of course, when suddenly he surprises her

A soft kiss on the cheek- time stopped for a moment.
Everyone cheering! Finally they were bursting out of the bubble they hid in. Now the ball is in her court what will she do? Well...

Looks up and calculates her move, if he could be brave then so could she.

Close to his mouth but not on the lips but, close so he knows this isn't just a friendly peck on the cheek it could be interpreted as something more

No one was expecting that. Everyone cheering and yelling-the screen door opens suddenly and her uncle scolded them all, " Hey now calm down you all are being too loud." And then the pacts separates. She runs and hides in the living room waiting to calm down again, letting the blush leave her skin slowly. He stays where he is. And everyone trying to act cool

And like always the fun ends and it time to go back to their routine. But now there is new possibilities.

And that how she spent her 16 thanksgiving with him.
With
A
Soft
Kiss
On
The
Cheek
Thankfully.