Chapter Seventy-Four

***Amile Gumede***

Mom is still not hearing a word of me going to live at the Gumedes for a whole week. She just doesnt want to understand that at this point, its a life or death situation.

After that dream, things are going smoothly! No hassles.

We had the tea, spilled umqombothi for Mhlabawesizwe and the rest of his gang, Bhut Langalethu met up with the MEC and has him on his side, which means the government agrees. His brothers are also on his side and so does the whole of Zululand. Yesterday, there were maidens at the palace who came bearing gifts for him. I was very shocked to see them. All of this just proves that Mhlabawesizwe isnt such a bad ancestor after all.

I told Bhuti about the dream, he didnt say anything to me. Later that night, I heard him in the throne room, talking to his ancestors. I didnt sit and eavesdrop. That is private to him, Im just the messenger.

Now as part of the deal, Im being shipped off to the Gumedes for a week because Im getting married next week! Yay? Not so much. How can one be excited for her second wedding in less than a year? I certainly cant, and technically, this isnt my wedding, its MaNdlelas wedding, Im just standing in for her, because she cant be here physically.

On the brighter side of this busy life, I got my matric results! I passed exceptionally well. I only lost one distinction, and that was for my maths paper. As expected; when I was supposed to be studying for that paper, I was pressed against a wall fucking my brother-in-law. Its sad that I dont get to use them, they are only going to be a decoration; university is the last thing on my mind right now.

Its been an eventful three weeks!

I dont appreciate this, I dont like it at all. that is my mother.

Shes talking to Bhuti who is standing at the door of my room, watching me as I finish packing the last of the things I need for this dreaded week ahead.

Ma I understand that the environment is not very healthy, and I am just as worried as you are, but we really are left with no other choice.

He calls her Ma, even though hes older than her. How sweet.

Angibafuni laba bantu eduze kwengane yami! Ive decided to keep quiet because the last time I spoke, I was hushed very quickly.

She wont be alone, she is going to go with her maid, and Dlamini will be there with her all the time.

Jama has gone from being Nkosis chauffeur/escort, or whatever he was, to being my bodygaurd. He never leaves my side now, I hope Nambitha doesnt mind!

Those people are evil, they hated me, and they will surely use this opportunity to milk my daughter dry; you included.

Ill make sure that doesnt happen. he turned and looked at me.

MaGumede and I have spoken, she knows how to deal with it. I appreciate him for putting so much trust on me.

Zulu you better make sure of it. my mother.

She turns to look at me and you can clearly see the fear in her eyes. She came to embrace me and started crying.

Dont let them poison you, please mntanami. Be careful. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. I am honestly at that point in my life where tears dont really come that easily. But I understand, mom Is pregnant, the baby is making her emotional.

She was planning on hiding this pregnancy from me, but it was hard because shes already popping up like a balloon. I must give it to her though, she looks way more prettier than she was when she was pregnant with Siviwe.