Chapter Four - Pushing Past Grief to Reach for Joy (Deadly Life)

Now Playing - To Survive

Before seeing Yosai like this, some small part of me wished this was all a cruel joke by Monokuma meant to rile us up.

It's not a cruel joke. Its not.

"Yosai...."

*ding dong, dong ding*

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, a Class Trial will begin! Everyone, please gather in Yosai Kabuto's dorm room!"

I rushed to his side and grabbed his hand, hoping to feel just a flicker of life, something that could prove the announcement wrong. Anything, anything at all.

Nothing.

No pulse. No warmth. 

His body was cold and damp. He really was dead.

Wait....

Damp?

My hand moved up to his hair, and I found that it was also damp, as if he had just gotten out of a bath.

That's.... strange.

Truth Bullet Added - State of Yosai's Body

"Well! Well, well, well! It seems as though the poor historian has met his end! I don't think I need to tell you that the new Monokuma File has been sent to your handbooks!"

"The victim is Yosai Kabuto, the Ultimate Historian. The time of death is estimated to be 7:45 AM. The body was discovered in the victim's dorm room. The cause of death is a single horizontal slice along the victim's abdomen. There are no other wounds on the victim body."

Truth Bullet Added - Monokuma File 4

Now Playing - BOX 15

7:45? I looked up at the clock in Yosai's room. That was only 10 minutes ago. But if it was only 10 minutes ago, there was no way his body could've gotten so cold naturally.

That's so unusual....

Truth Bullet Updated - State of Yosai's Body

"Alright, I'll be the first to question it," Keina said, "What the hell is he wearing?"

A white kimono. It's not his normal clothes, but there doesn't seem to be anything unusual about it besides that.

His normal clothes are neatly folded and placed on top of his nightstand. And on top of his clothes is.... a note?

I picked up the note and unfolded it, only to find it was written in French.