Chapter 31

The Scratch set down his son's lifeless body. His plan was almost complete. The Scratch dug into the ground, deeper and deeper until he reached a metal door. Only one other person had ever known about his laboratory, and that person hadn't lived long enough to tell anyone.

The Scratch thought to himself as he carried Noah through the halls of his base. Lily was target number one. She knew the most about him, knew that it wasn't just a disease that had turned him this way...

Amelie was intended as number two. The Scratch had known from the start that she was the keenest of his four children.But after being sent to The Twilight Zone, something had changed in her. The Scratch had realized she could play a more important role in carrying things out.

Alex was made for nothing more than a minion. But after she escaped, The Scratch knew he had to get rid of her before she told others. Luckily, she kept her mouth shut until she was alone. The Scratch found people easier to kill when they didn't have the aid of others.

And then there was Noah. Noah was the last piece. The Scratch knew that he could use Noah to get rid of the others. And in the end, if Noah thought that everything was his fault, he would probably just let himself get killed. Or take his true place in life.

But Ellie changed things. She gave everyone support, always tried to make things better. Not only did she mess up his plan, but she didn't even belong in The Twilight Zone.

"Well," The Scratch said to himself, "I guess I'll just have to get rid of her after this."

The Scratch had made it to the room he had been searching for.

His experiment room.

He had bottles and veils of various liquids, several sets of tools, and his most confounding invention.

The Tube.

The Scratch knew he should have chosen a better name, but it was the invention's purpose that truly mattered. The Tube, as its name suggests, was a large tube filled with a blue-green liquid. When a dead body was placed inside, the liquid would send energy to the body, eventually bringing the person back to life.

The Scratch stared at his invention, then he opened the top and pulled out the body he had previously put inside of it. He lifted Noah's body and set it inside, and after closing the top, he stared at the body on the table.

She was almost awake, still sleeping.

But the Scratch knew that once she was awake, she would make excellent bait.

Ellie and Amelie would come running when they heard the voice of his youngest daughter.

Alexandria Kray.