Chapter 33

Ellie shook awake, scared now more than anything. Amelie rubbed her groggy eyes and sat up, and just seeing the faint similarities in her face compared to Noah's almost made Ellie crumble down. But she couldn't, she needed to keep pushing, keep finding out why Noah had barely aged in ten years.

"I just had a dream."

"Good for you."

"No, really, I had a dream, and it wasn't good."

"We all have nightmares, Ellie, some of us more than others. Now go to sleep." Amelie rolled over, and Ellie had the realization that Amelie had just treated her like she had treated Oliver, so long ago. She wasn't anybody's little sister, but if this meant what she thought it meant...

"Amelie?"

"Yes?"

"How old are you?"

"15."

"No, really, how old are you?" At these words, Amelie's face paled.

"Ellie, there's one more thing I don't think anybody's told you." She paused, chewing on her lower lip in thought. "We can't age here. I mean-I'm really-" She looked up, counting. "I think," She said, looking surprised herself, "I think I'm twenty-four, and Noah's twenty-three, then. And you're probably fourteen, by now, and I don't know, but..." She trailed off, shaking her head. "Try to get some sleep, I'll explain the rest of it in the morning."