♡. . . ethereal

ethereal ( adj. ) - extremely delicate in a way that seems to perfect for this world

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ now playing ; ninja archer by luke cyrus

JOON THOUGHT CUE WAS A
LITTLE TOO JUDGEMENTAL
ABOUT LOVE LIVES

Especially because Cue certainly didn't have one.

At least, as far as Joon assumed anyway. He supposed that Cue could possibly have some secret lover, but he seriously doubted it. The man was about as affectionate and fun-loving as a venus fly-trap. Still, he couldn't sit there and lie and say that he wasn't hot as fuck, but still.

Besides, Cue had said that his bibimbap wasn't the best, he'd said, pretty good. Which was still something Joon considered an achievement, but he hadn't even cracked a smile. Not once. And Park Ye-Joon knew for a fact that his family made excellent bibimbap. The immortal's excuse was merely that he'd tried a lot of different recipes, and he was sure Joon would get better with time.

First of all, it's rude to assume that Joon wasn't already the best. Second of all, it still was emotionally damaging.

Cue hadn't really seemed to be affected much by that, he'd only looked onwards blankly.

Well, whatever. One of these days, Joon was going to make Cue smile, or at least look semi-cheerful. It was one of his life-goals, actually.

Absently, his chopping slowed as the door swung open, and Joon looked up from where he was bent over the counter, hurrying to finish slicing the mushrooms for the food, to see Cordelia peaking through. Her scowl seemed to have been temporarily replaced by an almost blank stare. She looked nervous, at best. Terrified, at worst. Shaking his head, he turned his attention back to the food. Of course, it was only his luck to be in charge of dinner the day they had a new arrival. Maybe Cordelia would be nicer about his food.

Considering her previous interactions with the others, he seriously doubted it.

At least he could count on Echo, and probably Freddie and Amir. They loved his cooking, or at least they pretended they did. Either way, it helped ease the horrible torture that Cue put him through when he took the first bite.

Amir was sitting at one of the bar stools, beside Freddie as they faced the Bay window, where Echo was telling them some story. Occasionally, her wing twitched, and a brief glimpse of pain darted over her face, but it was quickly replaced with that warm smile she always seemed to have.

The one that never failed to light up the room.

Joon smiled to himself, shaking the thoughts from his head again as Cordelia took a seat next to Cue. Brave. Cue seemed unreactive, which wasn't surprising, but Cordelia crossed her arms over her chest once again, scanning the room. Anastasia had taken her own seat near the bay window of the kitchen, eyebrows furrowed, and Echo sitting in front of her as she wrapped her wing like something precious. Occasionally, some kind of mutter came out in a language he didn't recognize, but Anastasia pressed onward with it, being gentle, despite Echo's descriptive storytelling. She's a fantastic storyteller, articulate, and poetic, and beautifully-voiced. She'd probably make a fantastic author. Joon hardly saw Asia be gentle with anything but Echo. And Asia seemed not to mind listening to her either. Echo had a voice that you could only describe as soothing. Soft, and sweet, and gentle - like she wanted to hug you with words.