♡. . . yugen

yugen (noun) - a profound, mysterious sense of the universe

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ need your love by gryffin; seven lions; noah kahan

FOR A MOMENT,
EVERYTHING WAS DARK

 Cue shot up suddenly, light flooding his senses as choked lungs coughed out what felt like buckets of water. Turning his head, he dragged in deep, full breaths of oxygen, a burning sensation settling deep in the bit of his chest.

What the fuck happened?

The last thing he really remembered was that deep searing feeling on his back, slowly expanding till it encompassed him entirely. His wings hadn't even been working well, well- they were working, but not in response to him at all.

Before he even could manage to sit back up properly, he felt a sudden weight nearly tackle him back, arms wrapping around his neck tightly and face burying into his shoulder. It took him an embarrassing moment to realize that it was Cordelia.

Oh.

"What..I don't - what happened?" His throat hurt, likely from the ingesting of salt water, and Cordelia's arms seemed to tighten impossibly further. She didn't answer him, stiffly holding onto him, tense in his arms as he wrapped them back around her slowly.

It was Echo who did answer, and Cue's eyes raised to his prodigy, whose own eyes were wide. "You fell."

Cue waited a beat, for one of them to mutter something about his age, but nothing else came, and his own anxiety deepened down his stomach as he turned his eyes to meet the others.

Cassian was there, wings out, absolutely drenched. His own eyes shone with concern, watching him carefully. Asia was beside him, but Cue's thoughts skidded to a stop when he noticed what was behind her.

Wings.

Cue's eyes glanced between all of them, scanning over each of them quickly as he realized what they now all had adorning their backs, all of them dripping with speckled sea, catching their breath. Finally he actually looked at Cordelia, realizing why she felt heavier than she had before, and lowered his eyes to stare at the limp wings resting on the ground as she held onto him tightly. Her own hair was wet, water pooling onto his own skin. He only hadn't realized before because he was also very much encompassed in water.

"You have wings." Cue's voice came out almost breathless, analyzing the wings that now sprouted from her back. They were scaled and draconic, a crimson armor coating the external limb. Water slid from each scale, shimmering in the beaming light that now soared above them. So Cordelia was a dragon then- she had dragon wings.